We're going to keep smoking crack until sanity returns

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Sep 22, 2011.

1. The current recession started on 4/30/11. We are about 5 months in.

Resistance around 11,250.

Then resistance around 11,900.

Then resistance around 12,500.

#11     Sep 22, 2011
  2. check out the ABTI party, we don't have a website yet.

Things were going good till the left wing (those that vote) started taking over and the right wing (those who don't vote) became disinfranchised.

Oh yeah ABTI? Anybody But The Incumbant

#12     Sep 22, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I can corroborate this statement.

#13     Sep 22, 2011
  4. the1

the1

Funny but true. If you don't go to church and toss your money in the basket you're going to hell. Government elections/policies work the same way. "If we don't do 'this' the country will collapse." GS "too big to fail." That's laughable. Lehman failed. What happened? Nothing.

To Bernanke's credit the actions of the Fed, up to the QE policies did avert a depression but going forward there's nothing the Fed can do any longer that will help the economy get back on its feet. The Fed has to give the illusion it's doing "something." That's basically how the Fed operates -- one big illusion.

There is one and only one thing that will fix this economy ---->>> Time!

#14     Sep 22, 2011
  5. I agree. That's about the best that can be done until some sanity returns to the political process (if ever, not holding my breath). Without a fire to their asses, politicians get real cozy in their positions and are quick to sell out to the highest bidder.

#15     Sep 22, 2011
  6. I've always found that "we avoided a depression" argument to really lack merit. Some months back we had Kassz and Olias repeating this pablum on a daily basis.

My retort is: what difference does it make if we "avert" a depression for a few years if we will inevitably fall into a depression soon thereafter? In the interim, we spend trillions, inflate prices in a stagnant economy and generally increase the misery so as to "create the appearance" of a functioning economy.

Nonetheless, the people who are rabid believers in this sort of stupidity are those who have a bunch of over-inflated assets that need perpetual ponzi finance to keep afloat.

#16     Sep 22, 2011
  7. I mean, when you think about it, the best way to redistribute wealth is just to let it all dissapear.

About the only over inflated asset a poor man owns is his wife's rear end.

#17     Sep 22, 2011
  8. Holy shit. I hurt myself laughing........

#18     Sep 22, 2011

9. Time? It is running out, as this is running on three years with no sign of sustainable growth or reduction in unemployment.

#19     Sep 22, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

+1

#20     Sep 22, 2011