Went To The Mall Today

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Landis82, Nov 22, 2008.

1. I'm sure it's just everyone maxing out their Citi credit cards with no intention of ever repaying.

#51     Nov 23, 2008
  2. This is exactly what most people who voted for Obama do not understand. 99% of the things he promised are not going to happen, so far, he is actually continuing almost every policy started by Bush! Tax cuts, staying in Iraq, etc

wow what CHANGE

#52     Nov 23, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

No, I'm not calming down. The entire premise of "wealth distribution" is nothing more than disguised theft... and very un-American to boot.

America is supposed to be the Land of Opportunity... not the Land of hand-outs.

Besides, nobody gets ANYTHING from the Gummint... the Gummint has nothing and produces nothing... they merely are the middle man (scraping off a huge vig, BTW).

And the FIRST thing we should do to start bringing the country back to health is chop the Gummint down to an affordable size... yeah, like THAT will ever happen.. :mad:

#53     Nov 23, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Oh, the changes will happen all right... to the best of the ability of the DemoCraps to jam them down our throats.

They can't just "flip a switch on day one"... there will be a morphing.

#54     Nov 23, 2008
  5. Gnome did you vote for
    Bush twice.

#55     Nov 23, 2008
  6. What are you talking about? He doesn't take office for another 2 months.

#56     Nov 23, 2008
  7. Probably, but I'm trying to be optimistic here:D

#57     Nov 23, 2008
  8. gnome

gnome

I did nothing of the sort... I think history might regard Bush as the WORST president of all time... (maybe 2nd worst after the NObama damage is assessed.)

#58     Nov 23, 2008
  9. empee

empee

Its interesting to vilify Obama when he didn't even take office yet, I didn't vote for either Republican or Democrat btw.

When Bush took over from Clinton, it was about how much better things would be under him; most ppl thought economy was pretty good under Clinton. I know 9/11, and its all the democrats fault for everything. But really, I dont like NObama, but did we ever declare Bush a failure before he was even sworn in?

#59     Nov 23, 2008
  10. Obama might not make it to the White House.

http://www.theobamafile.com/ObamaLatest.htm

On December 5, 2008, only ten days before the electoral college votes, the nine Justices of the U.S. Supreme Court will meet in private to review Obama's citizenship status.

Leo Donofrio's case, "Leo C. Donofrio, v. Nina Mitchell Wells, Secretary of State of the State of New Jersey, United States Supreme Court Docket No. 08A407," regarding Obama's citizenship has reached a new level. The case has been "distributed for conference."

This docketing today by the court should send ripples of fear through the Obama camp. Obama has been proceeding at lightening speed to put together a cabinet and take possession of the White House with the hope that he won't have to answer the question of whether or not he was "at birth" a "natural born citizen."

#60     Nov 23, 2008