Went To The Mall Today

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Landis82, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Hey....america is "zoning out" in record numbers......and the tools facilitating this treand are so wondrous!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#21     Nov 23, 2008
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Two other factors here:

1) Unusual number of sales and very low prices.

2) Over the last few months, the commuting employed population (still the VAST majority of the US excluding kids and elderly) have saved hundreds of dollars per family on gasoline...and are saving more each week. These billions of dollars will either be spent, saved or used to pay down debt.

The first factor delights the permabears; the second one doesn't.

#22     Nov 23, 2008
  3. On a friday midday in Costco San Diego this week, same story. Barely any free parking spaces.

#23     Nov 23, 2008
  4. wow, this is such a scientific method of analyzing the economy. are you going long because of this?

#24     Nov 23, 2008
  5. Which unfortunately has been negated by shaved hours, layoffs, terminations, small business owner revenue drops, etc.

Also, on a very POSITIVE note, americans have been forced to reduce credit spending as a result of credit card limit retracements, loan disapprovals, and account closures.....YEEEEE HAAAAAA!!!! About fricken time americans get forced off the CREDIT LIFE!!!!

#25     Nov 23, 2008
  6. You guys all missed the boat. It was obviously National Shoplifters Day.:p

#26     Nov 23, 2008
  7. Wow that's interesting. Browsing through ET I thought the only products Americans are stocking up on these days are safes, warm blankets, canned soups and shotgun shells :cool:

#27     Nov 23, 2008
  8. Good point.

If we do more studies and examine the numbers in more detail we'll have more information. Since we have more information we should have a special advantage. Obviously this new information will be more logical and systematic.

There may be extra factors which may be very small in determining what is happening currently BUT we still can make an accurate judgement without them.

Point being, "went to the mall today" is probably an accurate assumption on the economy as anything else written that we'll read in the near future but without all the fluff.

#28     Nov 23, 2008
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I went to my favorite watering hole friday for happy hour TARPON BEND ...always nice business crowd , beautiful women and one of my fav beers 2 for 1 special ( Stella )...it was empty this week and the place next to it which was always packed was closed down....I thought to myself dayum tough times ahead....that was until I got to Novecento and couldnt get a drink for 30 minutes.....

Business as usual around here... just at a different hole... :D

#29     Nov 23, 2008
  10. I went to a mall in suburban Chicago yesterday and was disgusted with all the people there. I decided to start looking online for gifts, since it's this bad this early in the Christmas season already....if this could even be considered Christmas season already....

Maybe things aren't as craptastic in people's wallets as I thought.

#30     Nov 23, 2008