Went into a trading firm in NYC... What a bunch of losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TIMMY57, Feb 17, 2008.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Wait just a minute now! You think think profit and loss is the only thing that matters? What matters is that these guys are a bunch of slobs. Who cares how much money they make or lose? Self respect should count for something.

#31     Jan 17, 2011
  2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Most are down in the number of traders...probably similar to other areas of the financial industry.

Mark

#32     Jan 17, 2011
  3. ... and what exactly is the problem? hahaaha

Would it make you feel better if they were wearing suits?

I prefer to be comfortable at work rather then wear a freaking suit and tie (and believe me I had done 4 years of that and I didn't enjoy it)

Good traders really don't give a sh!t what you think about them... because they have nothing to prove.

If I walked into a prop firm and they were all wearing suits a ties and their desks were clean and proper and everyone was polite and courteous I would think to myself.... this has got to be a scam and would GTFO as quick as I could!!

#33     Jan 17, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

bourgeois.
    the poor have the government to take care of them.
    the rich take care of themselves.
    the middle class i.e. bourgeoisie gets fucked by both but they still have their self respect.

#34     Jan 17, 2011
  5. joe4422

joe4422

I'm in a towel, I haven't showered, or brushed my teeth. But shit, that's the nice thing about working at home.

#35     Jan 17, 2011
  6. 3 yr old thread getting some steam!

:D

#36     Jan 17, 2011
  7. Op has not posted since April of 2009. I guess he had not been able to find a proper place to trade. Or had made a million or two and no longer frequents ET. My $$$ is on option # 1.

Speaking on the subject. Many Prop firms are kind of unclean, unshaven, and generally unhealthy. Not much choice there, but hey you gotta start somewhere right?

#37     Jan 18, 2011
  8. zdreg

zdreg

women are banging at your door because they smell the male pheromones which are usually washed away by showering.

#38     Jan 18, 2011
  9. Visaria

Visaria

corrected for you:

#39     Jan 18, 2011
  10. Visaria

Visaria

Actually, unshaven, overweight, dirty slobs in a cluttered, dirty environment would give the (correct) impression of a lack of discipline which no doubt reflects in their trading as well.

Should also add that it shows they have low (probably zero) standards.

#40     Jan 18, 2011