Went into a trading firm in NYC... What a bunch of losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TIMMY57, Feb 17, 2008.

1. this is how i imagine everyone here at et :eek:

#21     Jun 20, 2008
  2. So you decided to call a bunch of traders losers just because they are not clean shaven and neat. Instead of actually looking at their p&l, question their trading style, or the firm's platform/execution.

You are the only fucking loser here.

#22     Jun 20, 2008

3. well... the super-sharp Bear Sterns employees needed to split FAST and find a job!

#23     Jun 20, 2008
  4. Exactly...and most prop firms are just hang-outs for the unemployed who happen to have both time and money.

#24     Jun 20, 2008
  5. AMW

AMW

This thread has the best title ever.
    I agree, I've been the cbot elevators with guys who just looked like shit and smelled like booze.

#25     Jun 20, 2008
  6. When I'm at home trading I never shave, wear old T shirts, eat where ever I want, and walk around in boxers.

BUT I am very big on working out and running. Just got back from a 10 mile run actually.

#26     Jun 20, 2008
  7. With the recent unemployment surge
    prop firms must be making a killing

#27     Jan 17, 2011
  8. Thats how prop shops are - I worked in one also before trading my personal futures account at home - fortunately I was offered a position at a major BB I-BANK here in NYC - so trading there is much more professional, people have class, manners, and dress in typical business casual attire THAN MY LAST PROP SHOP - .... the differences..

#28     Jan 17, 2011

9. Maybe that's the best definition for a prop shop...:D

#29     Jan 17, 2011
  10. Do you work at a prop firm?

#30     Jan 17, 2011