Went into a trading firm in NYC... What a bunch of losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TIMMY57, Feb 17, 2008.

1. OMG, I've read this post about 5 times and I'm still laughing. I think Vinny's got it right, daytrading... bag it. You need to write standup comedy

#11     Feb 18, 2008
  2. ..as the phone rings and is then picked up.."Hello, Societe General Trading Division, may I help you" :D

#12     Feb 18, 2008
  3. No they were French Onion Sun Chips..they were trying to eat healthier..LOL!!! :eek:

#13     Feb 18, 2008
  4. lmao. That made my day

#14     Feb 18, 2008
  5. ScapGF

ScapGF

Sorry, but I don't understand the point of this thread.

I walked down Bourbon St. the other night...who cares?

I was at least hoping for some useful information out of this thread like the name of the prop firm. And also, is their appearence necessarily indicative of their trading skills?

Just wanting more detail thats all...

#15     Feb 18, 2008
  6. The one thing the OP didn't mention was whether or not the P/Ls on the traders' screens were green. If they're green, that's all that matters. My desk is a messy shithole. Eating food, even junk, and playing video games, keeps me from churning.

But yah, most those firms are filled with losers.

#16     Feb 18, 2008
  7. Sounds like dedicated traders.

Anek :D

#17     Feb 18, 2008
  8. you'll lose your money to me. thanks for the cash

#18     Feb 18, 2008
  9. qwert

qwert

couldnt be any worse than walking around walmart or the goofy people at the gas station, bar, post office nieghbors, tv....internet

#19     Feb 18, 2008
  10. I'm about to go check out a prop firm (my first experience) in a month of so, hopefully I have better luck :)

#20     Jun 20, 2008