went from 39% to 450% return, looking for prop firm

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by mitwave, Jul 4, 2010.

1. gaj

gaj

ok; here's the post:
    "Feel free to share where you messed up and maybe <b>we</b> can learn from <b>our</b> mistakes"
    (emphasis mine).

and yet you continued to post after it.

everything? i'd suggest remedial reading skills rather than looking for a prop firm.

but even if all the above doesn't matter, fact is...your numbers don't add up. if your 'system' is so great, you'd need no one else's money. you wouldn't need a prop firm. nearly every successful trader i know, including myself, made their breakthroughs with less than 70k in the accounts.

#11     Jul 4, 2010
  2. Quote from mitwave:

I was never stumbling, read the post idiot.

No, you tripped over the keyboard and said: stubling

I was looking to meet traders and help them.

No, you said maybe we can learn from our mistakes

But what you really meant was If you believe my paper trading results above, I desperately want you to subscribe to my fantasies so I can build up enough capital from suckers to open a $3,000 real trading account

This idiot gaj did nothing special to find my one old post.

Sorry, you were OWNED. The idiot was the one who started this thread. :D

#12     Jul 4, 2010
  3. DannoXYZ

DannoXYZ

yeah, if you've really gotten those returns, you don't need a prop firm. Sell a car, motorcycle, knick-knacks from around the house and come up with the $3k to open your own account. With those results, you'll be a billionaire in 10-years or so.

#13     Jul 5, 2010
  4. what he meant was, the chat boards are like a horse barn and the posters are full of manure.

[​IMG]

450% of this

#14     Jul 6, 2010
  5. Doesn't Lescor make 400% per year? And yet he's trading at a prop firm. Why doesn't anyone call BS on him?

#15     Jul 6, 2010
  6. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Why does" seems like most" Traders want to be a "prop Trader"
    No offense to all the good people who come here to share trading ideas , learn some things and maybe give a suggestion or two. But why in the world would "if it were true" the above want to go to work as a prop trader . Does this person even know what most "prop traders" are these days. They are c^ programmers and the like. Who get there trading parameters from Quant math majors. And statistical and probability gurus. I know of only 2 large prop shops in Chicago who have any discretionary screen traders. The rest is all grey box. Even a proven experienced traders best spit is 50/50. And if your not proven your lot size isnt much more than you could do in retail account with 300 margins for quite some time. With low margins decent platforms and the same market latency as a firm. If you really can trade there isnt even much of a reason to work as a prop trader. I have worked on both trading floors here. And as a "Prop Trader" . And for me. As trading technology and margins rates became better I dont see a good reason to trade for others. And I can say no one is going to fund a "learning curve"

#16     Jul 6, 2010
  7. mitwave

mitwave

Ok, there seems to be a problem when any one states that they are doing okay. I would like to change my post. With my strategy i lose. I am looking to trade where they offer more buying power then 4- 1. If any one can suggest a firm with a good history I thank you.

#17     Jul 7, 2010
  8. no, there is a problem when someone BSes others, knowing there is no possible way they can verify, especially his trading metrics.

#18     Jul 7, 2010
  9. jbales63

jbales63 Guest

Its like a train wreck I cant stop watching
    I have seen others encouraged with success. I think it may be the BS factor First you need to be able to verify results Or hypothetical executions not back tested or system bended very clearly and accurately. Secondly A Prop firm does not use margin calcs there is no such thing as buying power to equity. They use a zero balance account for each trader. And provision limits adjusted by your activity. They don't care about percentage of return to equity in a personal account. That's like comparing apples to oranges . in your discussion of trading methods. Its how do you lose money. what percentage of a move do you capture, risk to reward. Exposure of a working trade whether its profitable or not. adding and scaling stuff like that. My activity thus far today 3 scratches 4 winners 2 losers , 5 tick max loss, 7 tick best winner, narrow channels today so I could not get 2/1 win/loss. Proficiency with basic 101 trading that is what they look for. If your a mechanical discretionary trader "The holy grail worries them" On a break don't trade when cash or locals are at lunch. As I posted above There is no firm that would be interested in funding an experiment or learning curve. One suggestion be sure mention that you need "4 to1"leverage for this method to work :)

#19     Jul 7, 2010
  10. GTS

GTS

You didn't state if these were real profits or paper/sim profits.

From a post you made on another site, I would guess the latter:

#20     Jul 7, 2010