Wendys is a gone-

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by myoffices, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Im waiting to buy Mcd but after a major correction which I feel is looming but I didn't realize WEN has a 58 P/E.

Its the Circuit City of Burgers. 100000 T-shirts in 2 hours- And how many burgers sold? How do you pat your self on the back for that kind of marketing. Rule 1 Know what you are selling. T Shirts or Burgers-

What they should have done is raise $10 per Tshirt and donate a million to local schools.

Rhoten: "You Just got Served"

#11     Jul 9, 2012
  2. And loo these many years later he still has a warm spot in his heart for Wendy's!!

#12     Jul 9, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Poor management system.
    I hope they go bankrupt.

#13     Jul 9, 2012
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Who eats fast food?

If that industry had to rely on people like myself there would be no such as fast food. Last time I ate fast food was from mcd at that was almost 2 years ago.

#14     Jul 10, 2012
  5. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

Poor people. Thats who.

And those who just fancy a quick snack

Given that the were in a global recession, I'm expecting more people to be joining the ranks of the poor. Therefore, junk food consumption should rise.

It's a fact that in recessionary times, people consume more booze, gamble more, eat more junk food, and smoke more cigs.

Looking at that chart - it's been in the dumps for a few years. Dont TA people call that accumulation?

Given that all the ET crowd are dissing Wendy's, it MUST be a sure BUY!!!

#15     Jul 10, 2012
  6. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

Thats an evil thing to wish for. What about all the families who will be thrown on welfare as a result, increasing your tax burden. Many of the newly unemployed will also result to crime of course - and you could well be the victim.

And all just because you didnt support Wendys.

So, buy the stock, and their burgers, or your family will die (or at least get mugged).

You've been warned.

#16     Jul 10, 2012
  7. lwlee

lwlee

Wendy's food is so much better than McDonalds. And forget about Burger King. The problem is the management. McD always had breakfast and then branched out into gourmet coffees. Big winners.

Unfortunately the quality of the food isn't the biggest determinant in fast foods. Just look at Subway vs Quiznos. Subway always remind me of how the school cafetaria, the way they served up the sandwiches assembly line. Not very appetizing. Quiznos has those tasty toasted subs. Taste-wise, Quiznos is so much better but Subway went on that health kick advertising campaign that was really popular. Plus the dollar foot longs. It's all about advertising and management.

#17     Jul 10, 2012
  8. WEN The Wendy's Company4.69 +0.02 0.51% 1.83B
    MCD McDonald's Corpor... 90.64 +0.84 0.94% 92.05B
    JACK Jack in the Box Inc. 28.02 +0.40 1.45% 1.24B
    TAST Carrols Restauran... 6.07 +0.02 0.33% 140.59M
    GTIM Good Times Restau... 2.08 -0.07 -3.26% 5.67M
    YUM Yum! Brands, Inc. 63.89 +0.42 0.66% 29.42B
    DNKNDunkin Brands Gro...33.67 -0.37 -1.09% 4.06B

Now check the P/E its 58.

Above 5 bucks which its struggling to get back to its a definite short.

Lions stalk their prey before devouring them. Management is aware of the incoming negativity surrounding their markets.

Here is the issue- As more and more companies pony up for more healthcare costs the health of a worker is now your business. So who do you attack? The Fast food places that make your workers fat.
    The fast food companies with big budgets like YUM and MCD can withstand the pressure. WEN is simply holding its own.

A fat overweight Wendy as a spokesperson on a Burger commercial just sends the wrong Message- She looked like she had to many Happy Meals.

#18     Jul 10, 2012
  9. TheBlackHand

TheBlackHand Guest

If it's good enough for the Hoff, it's good enough for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#19     Jul 10, 2012
  10. You should be there marketing guy. This is the best damn ad I have seen for them. Kudos- Its management, management, management- thats the problem.

#20     Jul 10, 2012