Wells Fargo is a SHORT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by alexandercho, Oct 8, 2009.

1. I find it funny how you say the trend is "up" when the stock just washed away 2 days worth of gains. Not only that it's not even worth $30 per share.

When I first came on I said the level is near impossible to break. Never said it wasn't. I put in a stop order at $30. And I shorted at the $29.50 level. I shorted at 31.40 and It's currently at $30.04. I lost around .50 per share but I'm currently making 1.40 or so on my trade. I'm at a 3:1 profit ratio on my trade already.

#41     Oct 16, 2009
  2. sledged

sledged

the fact that it couldnt close below $30 and that it broke it momentarily and got bid right back up above $30 makes me think that it may have a break to the upside monday. I am saying this also holding a short position, had it been able to close sub $30 I would feel more confident on a technical basis. Dont they also report earnings this week?

#42     Oct 18, 2009
  3. Fundamentally, I don't see how WFC or any large commercial bank is going to be attractive in the next 1-3 years:
    1) no commercial lending
    2) no real estate lending
    3) little automobile lending
    4) little home equity lending

Basically: How are they gonna make money other than the SAME OLD, SAME OLD Cost Cutting ?

#43     Oct 18, 2009

4. Exactly! even now the price is not even justified. Why are investors paying $30 for a piece of paper that was worth the same amount in 04 and 05 when it was growing and the economic out look meant growth not a whole bunch of cost cutting and inflating book valuations.

#44     Oct 18, 2009
  5. BartS

BartS

The why is irrelevant.
    Do not question why - this is why people lost fortunes because they wondered why dot coms were going through the roof a few years back.

WFC based on fridays action is a "I don't know" with a slight bullish outlook - 30 was a perfect number to close on so that a max of option holders were left holding the bag....

Buying support at 30 is probably going to be one of the things I will look for monday - low intraday risk.

But now there are better trades out there to be had - so this is nowhere near the top of my list...

#45     Oct 18, 2009
  6. GTS

GTS

Wow, look at WFC move up while almost every other financial stock is down today...hmmmm

#46     Oct 20, 2009
  7. Jym

Jym

They report earnings tomorrow at I think 8 am.

#47     Oct 20, 2009
  8. BartS

BartS

Relative strength due to earnings only.

Tomorrow we'll have a better idea - I would not want to be holding this overnight - not one bit....in either direction...

#48     Oct 20, 2009
  9. Both WFC and JPM are sporting PE multiples of near 40 ?
    Wow, this is getting frothy !

#49     Oct 20, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

earnings tomorrow from WFC and MS

#50     Oct 20, 2009