Wells Fargo fined $185M for dubious account openings

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Sep 9, 2016.

1. mlawson71

mlawson71

I guess in that case the other question is why Wells Fargo thought no one would notice sooner or later and connect the dots.

#21     Sep 12, 2016
  2. Vertex

Vertex

#22     Sep 13, 2016
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

#23     Sep 13, 2016
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Wells Fargo executives blame employees for scandal
    Wells Fargo CEO John Stumpf blamed his employees for the scandal in which thousands of the bank's staff opened unauthorized accounts for customers. Chief Financial Officer John Shrewsberry said the problem stemmed from employees "trying to meet minimum goals to hang onto their job." (Wall Street Journal)

#24     Sep 14, 2016
  5. Vertex

Vertex

He later said through a spokeswoman that when the bank falls short “I feel accountable and our leadership team feels accountable—and we want all our stakeholders to know that.”

Yeah sure, just so long as as nobody tries to actually hold him accoutable. When that kind of talk starts its time to blame the filthy employees.

I wish I had an account with these fuckers just so I could cancel it lol.

#25     Sep 14, 2016
    i960 and dealmaker like this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

Of course they should feel accountable, they are accountable. The nerve of these people.

#26     Sep 15, 2016
  7. The director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau , Richard Cordray, commented on this matter:

“Wells Fargo employees secretly opened unauthorized accounts to hit sales targets and receive bonuses. Because of the severity of these violations, Wells Fargo is paying the largest penalty the CFPB has ever imposed. Today’s action should serve notice to the entire industry that financial incentive programs, if not monitored carefully, carry serious risks that can have serious legal consequences.”

I read about this and I personally share some of your anger guys...

#27     Sep 15, 2016
  8. Jamie J.

Jamie J.

It's extremely unpleasant situation concerning a scandal with Wells Fargo. Many investors suffered losses.

#28     Sep 15, 2016
  9. mlawson71

mlawson71

Considering that the company has likely lost a ton of trust over this the losses will likely increase.

#29     Sep 16, 2016
  10. Vertex

Vertex

Watch the video of Warren raking Stumpf over the coals. Sadly, Stump is just sitting there drumming his fingers thinking about his next round of golf. He knows the money he paid to the other senators will make it right for him.

OMG, I can't believe that I am cheering on this woman. If she had her way I would be out of business. But in this case she is saying the exact things I said in an earlier post on this thread! I was in shock when she started talking about him being held accountable lol.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...arren-excoriates-wells-fargo-ceo-john-stumpf/

#30     Sep 21, 2016
    dealmaker likes this.