Wellington Trading Group

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Paraskeva, Nov 30, 2005.

1. #21     Feb 26, 2006
  2. Quote from Babak:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181984/

It's nice that someone can see how life is the art of living it.
    don't play the game if you can't afford admission
    and I should check the verbage before entering the reply
    :cool: :mad: :confused: :) :D

#22     Feb 26, 2006
  3. When the price of your premium increases in price is when you make money not before, cause there is several variables that participate of the increase or decrease of the underlying contract price, I would recommend to research on Greeks(delta,etc), so if your leverage is 42000 means is 42 to 1 that means every pip value is$4.2 dollars that is why when you buy at $1000 =1 option
    this is 180 pips X 4.2= 756 + 250 commissions=$1006 net value
    so u have to move 59 points on your premium to break even, that is why 80% of people losses all their money with Wellington or any other firm.
    But if something as last august and september(Katrina,Rita) happen you can double ,triple or even cuadruple your initial investements,but that is not very often that happens.
    Eventually will happen again if Israel and USA attack Iran, that is geopolitical risk that can give you the opportunity but is still very risky bizz not suitable for every body.guys hope this help you to understand better the options market, and stop witch hunting, cause ignorance is a bad counselor for investments.

#23     Feb 28, 2006
  4. When the price of your premium increases in price is when you make money not before, cause there is several variables that participate of the increase or decrease of the underlying contract price, I would recommend to research on Greeks(delta,etc), so if your leverage is 42000 means is 42 to 1 that means every pip value is$4.2 dollars that is why when you buy at $1000 =1 option
    this is 180 pips X 4.2= 756 + 250 commissions=$1006 net value
    so u have to move 59 points on your premium to break even, that is why 80% of people losses all their money with Wellington or any other firm.
    But if something as last august and september(Katrina,Rita) happen you can double ,triple or even cuadruple your initial investements,but that is not very often that happens.
    Eventually will happen again if Israel and USA attack Iran, that is geopolitical risk that can give you the opportunity but is still very risky bizz not suitable for every body.guys hope this help you to understand better the options market, and stop witch hunting, cause ignorance is a bad counselor for investments.

#24     Feb 28, 2006
  5. I almost didn't open an account with Wellington after reading the negative commentary on your forum. My wife told me I was nuts. However, after today, I have reinvested my profits from a recent trade in gasoline options and have received by wire transfer my original money to boot! Anyway, so much for the witchhunt...

#25     Mar 2, 2006
  6. I did trial investment U$ 3000 with them and I had a reasonable profit on my investments, and I asked to send me the balance of my account back yesterday. if they do I will make big investment with them once I receive the money.

#26     Mar 22, 2006
  7. esmjb

esmjb

wow, i'd feel safe with all these glowing reviews from people who just registered and have 1 post! it just reeks of legitimacy.

#27     Mar 22, 2006
  8. gulible

gulible

i lost $20,ooo with these guys last year. I had puts on Heating oil, and 3 calls for insurance in case things went bad. They did, my calls should have been sold which would have covered my trade but were not and expired worthless. They are hard to contact and seem very shifty. Whats more they recently rang me to trade FX with them. Anyone should avoid them like the plague. I had no control over my money and was pressured by them. I understand people lose money in the markets but my trade was set up to minimze any loss, but they did not sell when the y should have.
    There are other reputable companies around in which to trade options with. No Im washing dishes for a livivng !

#28     Apr 21, 2006
  9. If I could add some insight, hopefully, to this thread I will go a bit off topic.

I believe trading options on futures has to be one of the most rigged/shady methods of trading. A few years back I but puts on crude oil before the Iraq war and they went from face value $2k to $10k within a few hours at which point I tried to liquidate, broker said they couldn't get a fill on the floor. Guess what, by the time I was able to sell them they were back to $2k.

This is only one instance of many of have heard of people get screwed by trading options on futures. A guy I know whom has traded professonallly for 20 years told me to only buy options on futures when when they are at historical highs or lows, period. Even then you are liable to screwed on a fill.

#29     Apr 23, 2006
  10. syncopat

syncopat

I opened an account at Wellington last winter based on the recommendation that heating oil prices would go up significantly. I lost my total investment. Wellington gave me a more experienced trader and I gave them another chance. Over a number of trades I made some money and decided to take out what I had originally invested. My request was ignored for over 6 weeks. That's right! I was beginning to wonder. Over that time the market corrected, my broker quit, my account was closed. I finally received my money yesterday. Hence the post. I am unsure what I am going to do with Wellington as they are based in Costa Rica, which means my legal choices are limited. Good luck!

#30     Jun 13, 2006