Well Well Well So Were Do We Go From Here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Nov 7, 2006.

1. 2008 is the year of Hillary. The republicans will keep the whitehouse.

#41     Nov 8, 2006
  2. Oscar Wilde "To lose one House may be regarded as a misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness."

#42     Nov 8, 2006
  3. hels02

hels02

That would be an interesting race, Hillary vs McCain... tho I don't think it would come to that. I don't think either would win their Primaries, regardless of the hype.

On the one hand, you have Hillary, whom most people can agree is brilliant and caring. Her biggest problem is the fact that she's a WOMAN, and the still conservative US is not ready for a woman President.

On the other hand, you have a decorated proven war hero, someone every military person could respect... but who's also a no-nonsense hawk who believes in the military supremacy of the US. On the heels of Bush's fiascos, we're not ready for that again.

That would be a wild race either way. But Hillary could do an awful lot of campaigning by reminding Americans that under Billary Clinton's Presidency, the US actually reduced the deficit, for the first time was looking at a possible tax surplus, the stock markets were BOOMING in 1998-2000, and we were doing really well... all til Bush took over and ruined everything about this country. And we all know that Hillary wouldn't be a morally deficit role-model ala Bill Clinton and JFK, which could perhaps mollify the family oriented right.

Those reminders played right could land Hillary the Presidency if she were up against another war hawk who thinks that on the heels of Iraq, it's time for Iran, North Korea and US troops in Darfur.

2008 is going to be really really interesting. I hope the Republicans lose the Senate, because Dems in COMPLETE control of the US government will be a hard pill for us all.

#43     Nov 8, 2006
  4. The clinton's have a well oiled political machine. She will win the nomination because that machine will make sure every candidate that competes against her looks bad.

There is no way she can win the presidency imo, but she will take NY and California which is a damn good start. One thing is for sure. If she wins the voter turnout will be a record.

#44     Nov 8, 2006
  5. Republicans WIN -market surging ..out now!

#45     Nov 8, 2006
  6. I can't believe you said that. She is the most cold-hearted CALCULATING WOMAN IN AMERICA. Anyone who has ever worked for her, or with her, will tell you that.

#46     Nov 8, 2006
  7. S2007S

S2007S

ha where do you get your info.... democrats just gained another point, 50 vs 49 in the senate. One more is all they need

#47     Nov 8, 2006
  8. wait! this just out-rummy quits

#48     Nov 8, 2006
  9. hels02

hels02

I am not talking about her personality or style. You're talking about one of the first women graduates of Yale Law School, she's an intellectual, not a socialite.

Wow... I was about to launch into a defense of Hillary Clinton...what's the world come to? I spent 8 years making fun of the woman... first for being the power behind the throne, one she didn't win, and then for staying with that womanizer. In between, I looked down my nose at her for the whole Whitewater scandal... which on hindsight is a hilarious blip when we consider Bush's oil company, which no one dare talk about. The Republican controlled everything for the last 8 years meant there was NO oversight whatsoever in the doings of our elected officials, all opposition was silenced, questioning was not allowed. I was a rabid Republican, and now I'm a semi-rabid Democrat, only out of reflex.

When I look back over the Clinton Presidency, because hindsight is always 20/20, I think about how right on she was about a national health care program. WE pay absurd health care costs because our insurance industry controls it. That's what we need, lawyers and insurance companies sitting in our pockets every time we go for a checkup. At the time I thought she was mad... today I think she was a visionary. If what she tried to implement at the time took effect... this nation would be in a much better competitive environment all around. All her pet projects, mocked and denegrated at the time... we could play what ifs all day long, but... we would be in a better position to compete in the world today had they been enacted.

I try to live my life so I don't ever make the same mistake 2x. Maybe we are ready for a woman President, even though I don't think she'd win either. Heck, I didn't think Bush would win a 2nd term, that he did almost lost my faith in the intelligence of Americans as a whole. I take this all back if the Dem's win the Senate :D

#49     Nov 8, 2006
  10. Vermont will go Democratic, but they are going to bring in Republican lawyers and tie this up just watch. The republicans are just being cry babies.

INVEST IN RENEWABLE ENERGY!!!!!!

#50     Nov 8, 2006