Well Well Well So Were Do We Go From Here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by myminitrading, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Already happening dumbass...

The nasdaq regained more than half intraday loss in 8 min time interval

#21     Nov 8, 2006
  2. S2007S

S2007S

nasdaq only down a point from a 16 point drop...wow....

cnbc was crying today when they saw the futures down 30 points....they were like how could this be, this market is only suppose to go up....

#22     Nov 8, 2006
  3. S2007S

S2007S

anybody know why the quick run back into the green on the ndx 100 from being down over 10 points....

#23     Nov 8, 2006
  4. Watch for a couple of weeks of wild swings, thats your que the rally is over.

#24     Nov 8, 2006
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Im hoping to see some volatility....

#25     Nov 8, 2006
  6. I don't know where the stupid myth 'dems are bad for business' came from. I'm a republican and I think its a stupid assumption.

Business seemed to be doing well under clinton for example. Democrats like liberal business (technology for example). Cons like conservative type business (resources/mining/defense).

Dems tend to be even more capitalistic than republicans actually. The whole 90's boom of dotcoms and communist tech companies was driven by liberals.

Only recently have so called republican oil companies and material companies have been doing well.

#26     Nov 8, 2006
  7. S2007S

S2007S

wallstreet is looking for a divided governement. Its still a close race within the senate, if the democrats win the senate it will be a suprise to many people. Did you read the heading on Barrons last week. They were 100% positive that the Republicans were going to take both house and senate, look at what the outcome is today.

Montana Democrat leads by 1736 votes.

Virginia Democrat leads by 8047 votes.

Both Precincts are about 100%

#27     Nov 8, 2006
  8. Gawd I hope so.

The markets have been *mostly* a snooze except for May-June.

#28     Nov 8, 2006

9. Looks like Baroooons was wrong. Worthless rag. They can't predict shit. Barons were bearish on GOOG at $350 (now trades at $475).

Also, do you have real time ballot counting quotes? Or is there a 15 minute delay? LOL

#29     Nov 8, 2006
  10. hels02

hels02

Actually, the worst crash we've seen in our lifetimes happened when a Republican took office... that was Bush. 2000-2003 before it began the long long still unfinished CRAWL back up.

I don't know what anyone was smoking to think that a Repub win would be better for the markets.

That said, I'm a Reagan Republican, and I voted Democrat down the line. Bush et al have made a mockery of the Republican Party. I'm very much looking forward to the investigations and hearings of Bush et al now that the Dem's can actually start them. If Saddam can hang, I find it sad that Bush can't hang. Saddam didn't bomb the World Trade Centers, Osama Bin Laden did.

Where's Osama? Bush sure did a good job on stopping terrorism by 'catching' the ally that Reagan armed (Saddam). In case everyone forgot, Saddam fought Iran to a 7 year standstill, with OUR weapons... and we armed him because Iran took 52 American hostages. When we went to war, we fought against the weapons we gave OUR ally. Now we give Iraq to Iran after the loss of thousands of American lives, a deficit and war costs our children must pay.

Bush Sr did not take Bagdad during the Gulf War because he knew it would destabilize the region and give Iraq to Iran... it took his mentally challenged son to knowingly lie to the American people to do it (with the report from our CIA that said NO WMD IN IRAQ on his desk when he got on TV to tell us that we were going to war over WMD).

I wish we could see Bush swinging next to Saddam. I pity Saddam, I don't pity Bush.

#30     Nov 8, 2006