Well, well, well...POS Hank Paulson & Goldman 'Questions' Being Raised

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Damn, what an article.

So the Senate is pushing these hearings, what are they for? Is the Senate tired of being pushed around by the banks, or is it all politics, give a bit of newsbites to those who are really angry? The future policies taken will show where the Senate & Congress lie, do they WANT the country to get better, or are they still lapdogs to the banks.

#11     Aug 8, 2009
  2. Are you kidding me ? You really do not know the truth ?
    Goldman got insured against the risk via taxpayers baiout , courtesy of that criminal Paulson who will in turn make millions as a board advisor etc.

#12     Aug 8, 2009
  3. Since last September, the government’s commitment to A.I.G. has swelled to $173 billion, Goldman got 13b.

So far only one conspiracy (GS), you'd think we could come up with a few more to get our money's worth. Anyone asking where's the rest of the money?

#13     Aug 8, 2009
  4. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=21a_1237412179

Lots of players in this one.....

The two party lobbyist system has turned Fascist and must be eliminated....

Time for a 10/5 C tax....by State mandate....

Washington becomes errand runners only via the states....

AIG rewards should have been 10/100....not 100....

#14     Aug 8, 2009
  5. If I were Goldy, I wouldn't care, as long as I got my big chunk of cheese from Uncle Hanky-Panky. The gubment has to do full payout on the others too, but what do I care - makes for a good cover story.

As for increasing commitment to AIG, again, what do I care. I got my nut and you got to hold an empty bag.

#15     Aug 8, 2009
  6. Actually, he already went over the 10,000 post mark awhile ago. Made a post that announced his grand FAREWELL departure ( see below) only to pathetically reinvent himself with another screen-name and continue on with the same kind of Obama bashing posts.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160992&highlight=Gnome

His name is Gnome and he can't stay away from Elitetrader.

One of the most negative and incredibly BITTER people to ever post on this website, bar none. Obviously not a very happy home life given the attention that he CRAVES here on ET. It really must bug him how ET has such control over he and his life. He can't let go for some reason. He even asked to conduct a Poll whether or not he should stay, or leave.Gimme a break.

Such a grandiose sense of self-importance.
    Classic narcissistic personality disorder.

#17     Aug 9, 2009
  7. I'm not sure why you are so surprised at yet another Bush appointee who failed the American people. So Paulson got a piece of Bush paper that waived any legal recourse that could potentially come his way . . . BFD. It's the same thing that Cheney did when he got his little "piece of paper" from the Justice Department - - - signing off on water-boarding. And now you are surprised at how FACIST the Bush Administration was because of Hank Paulson's lack of ethics???

Please.
    What cave have you been living in?

Apparently you never heard of Pat Wood III, either? He was the head of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) who was recommended for the position to George Bush via Bush's good buddy, Ken Lay... CEO of Enron.

And people wonder why Pat Wood and the Bush Administration simply turned a "blind-eye" to Enron manipulating California's power grid during the Recession in 2003.

California was only the 6th LARGEST economic power in the world at the time, but hey... that didn't stop Bush and his cronies from Texas from totally screwing California and this Country over during a Recession.

Moreover, Bush and Lay's buddy Phil Gramm, then a Texas senator helped lay the groundwork for the Enron's of the world not too mention WTI crude trading unregulated over in Dubai and London, not too mention credit default swaps "trading" OTC without any SEC oversight or regulation by spearheading the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" and making sure that it got attached to the FY-2001 Appropriations Bill so that it was a "lock" to become law. The legislation wasn't even subjected to a committee hearing, nor a recorded vote. How convenient. A few months later Phil's wife Wendy resigns from being Chairman of the CFTC to become ( of all things ) an Enron board of director who was in charge of the audit committee! I heard that she never saw an "off-balance" sheet transaction that she didn't like. Are you freaking kidding me???

People actually DIED during some of those rolling "blackouts" in California, but Pat Wood and George Bush didn't mind. That was simply collateral damage.

How about the incompetent Donald Rumsfeld, another Bush appointee . . . or Michael Chertoff at FEMA . . . or Christopher Cox, the chairman of the SEC who sat idly by doing nothing as the Bernie Madoff's and Stanford Financials of the world ripped people off to the tune of Billions!

It was an 8 year clusterphuck by an Administration that didn't give one crap about the American people.

And some of you are actually surprised about Hank Paulson not being on the "up and up"???

Please.
    Spare me your blind ignorance.

#18     Aug 9, 2009
  8. http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/08/looking-at-hank-paulsons-ethics/

There are millions of "bitter" Americans....and they have every right to be so....

Many of the "comments" sections of many of the financial web sites are loaded with Bush-Obama hatred....which is 1000% correct and justifiable....

Since these IDIOCRACIES headed by crony morons have caused such harm to "finances" across the board....This "hate" properly belongs to any "financial" site....

They have sat through the Bush calamity....whereby the failed Iraq Oil mission squandered the energy future of America....

And incredibly enough....squandered the American Financial Economy as a whole....

VIA CRONY GOVT./CORP. FASCISM....
    MAKE NO MISTAKE

AND OBAMA HAS DONE NOTHING MORE THAN CARRY ON THE "BUSH BATON OF STUPIDITY"....

AMERICANS NEED BETTER TOOLS TO DEFEND THEMSELVES FROM "IDIOCRACY".....

#19     Aug 9, 2009
  9. fhl

fhl

Yes, very interesting, in a perverse sort of way.

a. The New York Times, willing to take down a major financial firm that almost always acts as an approving mouthpiece for anything democrats want to do, however destructive, all to "<b>get Bush</b>"!

b. Wallowing in indignation about a financial firm possibly being unfairly helped by <b>the evil Bush</b>, while they cheerlead for Obama <b>taking over major public companies, giving them billions</b>, and then publicly <b>handing control over them to his union buddies/supporters/financial backers</b>.

Not a pretty sight, but to be expected.

#20     Aug 9, 2009