Well Morons Nasdaq Will Be Down Another 1.5% On 1/19/07

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BlueStreek, Jan 18, 2007.

1. i don`t follow those 2 that closely hg, but i`d like gm around 29 if you must, and ford around 7, even though from dec 11th ford looks like it has been on a nice run-----remember hg, the dow has been looking for every reason to hang on, that and there is nowhere else to put money, but if the dow starts selling gm could go much lower---i shorted it not too long ago at like 23 a share and made money (time flies when your having fun---but seriously folks, i think that was Nov, 2005 around thanksgiving) just to give you some perspective of how low that can go, but maybe your best bet is to park some "investment money" in a money market account/cd for a nice 5% til the sell-off is over if you have to go long for retirement accounts.

#11     Jan 18, 2007
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Calling people morons and maggots, really what's the point? You are making money aren't you? You should be happy not angry and bitter.

#12     Jan 18, 2007
  3. come on mvic i never called anybody a maggot......lol.....lighten up........you have to get my threads.....lots of tongue and cheek stuff.......I use the term morons in a loving manner.......scratch that, in a friendly little jab at the "100% up room to go eqtradr crowd" just to give them some grief, and knock some sense in their heads b/c I think some of that crowd has never seen the market go down, or have very short-term memories, and need a little "reminding" to be on their guard as this "free money" is very special and unusual, and not likely to continue for much longer, we have stretched this little run for as long as possible--we have been pinching ourselves, this can`t be this easy, right? And the end will smack us down hard if we are not prepared to exit fast---the higher we go, the more prepared we need to be for the inevitable, proverbial rubber band to snap back twice as hard on the way down.

#13     Jan 18, 2007
  4. Cramer says sell tech. Maybe it's time to go long? :)

#14     Jan 18, 2007
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Fair enough, and I agree. By the way Eqtrdr(100% up guy) is being sarcastic, my guess is that he is either short or can't find value at these levels.

#15     Jan 18, 2007
  6. yeah i sensed that as well.......its just that on lots of days the past 3 months he is literally dead on correct, you could buy the ym/es/nq after the morning sell-off on bad news, and it doesn`t matter b/c after 30 points or 60 points depending on the breadth of bad news, the bulls were going to keep the market from selling off by stabilizing the sell-off, and then slowly bring it back up, and around 2:30 to 3:00 eastern time one of the indices would push the other two into the green, it was crazy, that was one sure fire pattern, the other was that for almost 2 straight months you could buy the ym right at the close of the cash market, and the bulls would push the pre-market futures up at least 20 points at some time before the important news of the day hits at 8:30 eastern time a.m. these two patterns were so reliable, you could have literally maxed out your account buying power utilizing these patterns for 3 months with futures leverage and quadrupled your account size with very little risk for a strategy that usually carries substantially higher risk. I could just see people at home borrowing on their credit cards b/c eqtrader is "an oracle" about the markets, and taking him too literally, and not sensing that he is being partly incredulous to this market`s bullishness himself.

#16     Jan 19, 2007
  7. Whatever Cramer says, I do the opposite. It has worked out well. BlueStreek and Cramer seem to have the same ideas. Maybe BlueStreek is Cramer in disguise... :) But the sell off should be over after this wonderful earning season. Tech will rebound.. You will see. RIMM, RACK, AAPL, and IBM will all recover within the next ten days.

#17     Jan 19, 2007
  8. after people get burned with a strategy play they usually don`t revisit the play in 10 days, just my opinion.

#18     Jan 19, 2007
  9. i am watching cnbc this morning and a lot of asian tech companies are missing earnings as well--it seems there are too many tech companies chasing the same business--needs to be some major consolidation/reduction of spare capacity in this upstream supply chain.

#19     Jan 19, 2007
  10. blast19

blast19

BlueStreak gets a lot of flack here...but are you high?

Blue and Cramer most certainly don't share the same views Cramer pumps crap all day and will always find a stock to go up...Blue thinks everything is going down, I'm in his boat at the moment!

#20     Jan 19, 2007