Well, I gotta go

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Apr 29, 2012.

1. what I didn't tell you is, when I sold the Eur I also added a little to my long CAD. The problem is, when I add to winners I have to put in a stop at BE just like every other dumbass out there. I don't like it any more than you do, but it is part of my wealth preservation program. As far as I know, it almost never works, but when it does work, that's what keeps me from getting a job.

#51     Aug 5, 2012
  2. contra

contra

euro short covering and squeeze, stops triggered. look at the euro crosses too, such as eur/aud covering... would explain the no go on aussie ahead of data with a bank holiday down under?

some resistance from 0600-0668 daily highs..

#52     Aug 5, 2012
  3. wasn't aware AUD was on holiday, thanks for the info, my fault for not paying attention

#53     Aug 5, 2012
  4. well that worked out very well, happened so fast I didn't even notice. I guess I covered half at 2393

#54     Aug 5, 2012
  5. I've got a stop in on the CAD at 18, maybe it will hold, but it's very close, 10 pips, not likely, but I've been buying car insurance all my life, and as far as I know, I'm a net loser on that deal. Nobody ever ends up in the hospital and brags about how much they made on insurance.

#55     Aug 5, 2012
  6. well, these are the days that give you hope. Everything that is supposed to be up is up, and everything that is supposed to be down is down, and by quite a bit.

It's easy to become cynical about the human race, but everynow and then they come through and create doubts about their ultimate destruction.

#56     Aug 7, 2012
  7. so let me explain

I am short AUD/USD
    short EUR/USD
    long GBP/USD
    short USD/CAD

which creates four crosses

long GBP/AUD which is up 35 as we speak

and short AUD/CAD which is down 45

and short EUR/CAD which is down 21

and short EUR/GBP which is down 11

so you see, it is all good

#57     Aug 7, 2012
  8. kind of sloppy for me this weeks ending, I aint even going to post Sunday

I got

short aud/usd
    long eur/usd
    short gbp/usd
    short usd/cad

1:1:1:1

Friday afternoon, and they all went against me, so I'm just a gap away, I don't want to talk about it this weekend

running the same position in the paper account and experimenting with some different size options

very simple stuff

gotta be careful, these low volatility weeks will suck you in

#58     Aug 10, 2012
  9. I'm flat, just looking for a place to get back in. That USD has been really good for me, but it looks like it wants to move a little. Think I'll switch to GBP

So that would be
    Short EUR/GBP
    Long GBP/AUD
    Short GBP/CAD
    Short GBP/USD

which makes me

short aud/cad
    short aud/usd
    short eur/cad
    short eur/usd

#59     Aug 19, 2012
  10. contra

contra

Sup oldtime... going for GBP eh...

Not sure how you're short aud/usd here though? it seems like it almost nets out there, besides the GBP component, as you're short gbp/usd...

#60     Aug 19, 2012