Well, I gotta go

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Apr 29, 2012.

1. at anyrate, I shorted some more at 261, not sure if my limit got hit or it traded through, trade log shows a fill at 17:15:02

we'll see if that holds

AUD is going to depreciate against the dollar, right?

I mean, that's what everybody says.

Everytime I get filled on my short AUD/USD I short a little more USD/CAD, just to cover my ass

#21     Jul 1, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I short the AUD frequently. I never get worried about it, because I do small positions, at major resistance lines.

#22     Jul 2, 2012
  3. we'll see if that 261 holds, unfortunately now it is my largest position and biggest loser

where's the next resistance?

I'm trying to cover some of it at 160

#23     Jul 2, 2012
  4. I'm flat, finally, at an all time new high. Covered the AUD at 232, now I'm going to take a shower and go to the store and feel what it feels like to be happy, and stay that way maybe until jobs Friday.

#24     Jul 2, 2012
  5. got out of that one alive, covered at 232, ashamed to say how much I lost altogether on just that one pair, but everything else I had on more than made up for it, but yes and no, I was the following forex herd, now I see they are no better than the stock herd, so from now on I am just a lone cow, looking for some grass, waiting for my udder to dry up so I never get milked again

(you wouldn't happen to know where I can find some good grass, would you?)

#25     Jul 3, 2012
  6. Sure, but you'll be waiting till the cows come home. :D

#26     Jul 3, 2012
  7. well Tsing, I'm short AUD again, this time at 282, do you think that might be resistance?

The thing that worries me is, I'm also short some CAD at 126.

I usually like to keep those two split up, one long and one short, but the opportunity just didn't present itself and I didn't want to wait it out.

Courage, Patience and Flexibility

If I get screwed on this one it is definately due to lack of patience.

But I should get a point for being flexible enough to go short CAD and AUD at the same time.

Courage? Just another word for ignorance.

#27     Jul 4, 2012
  8. well, this is just a bunch of shit. AUD and CAD are moving almost penny to penny together. Good for me now since I am short both of them, but there will be hell to pay when they both turn.

#28     Jul 4, 2012
  9. yeah, you think that Martingale is so easy. I just want to get out of this one close to even. I told you I wanted to stay flat and not put anything on until jobs Friday.

Inpatience, the need for action, that will be the death of me.

Can't make up in a few trades for all the bad decisions I have made over a lifetime.

that's the last time I'll ever put those two on together on the same side

Just like the godfather who always kept Cantessa and Tessio separate (too bad about Tessie, especially since he was so kind to bring the birthday cake.)

#29     Jul 4, 2012
  10. well, I gotta go. That's the last time I will ever think USA is some kind of big deal. Man, they just rolled right over me.

Fourth of July aint shit compared to Saturday and Sunday when Europe (the number one economy) and China (the number third econony) take the day off.

CYA, I'll talk to you Sunday when the real world opens up again.

Until then, I'm just going to pretend it's another normal night.

otherwise, they are shooting off fireworks tonight (in spite of how dry it is) and that is kind of oldtime. And you know how I love oldtime.

#30     Jul 4, 2012