Well, I gotta go

Discussion in 'Forex' started by oldtime, Apr 29, 2012.

1. well, I gotta go pretty soon. Still haven't learned how to intrepret things when USD is closed and everybody else is open. Things have improved once I switched from market orders to limit orders.

I've got my limit orders in. If you're stupid enough to hit them I'll gladly take the other side, especially on a night when things may not be as they seem.

#11     May 27, 2012
  2. For those of us that hold over the weekend, the opening gap is always kind of a crap shoot

The way I see it, half the time it goes in my favor and half the time it goes against me

but if I get flat 100% of the time I pay the spread

gotta go see dad today, it may be his last Fathers Day

but I'll bring the laptop to see if this gap is all it's cracked up to be

#12     Jun 17, 2012
  3. heypa

heypa

About your dad. Been there.Loss hurts and time helps heal.
    Life is a journey with a known destination.Make sure the journey makes the destination worth it.For the most part you will regret things not done more than things done. Ain't hindsight grand.

#13     Jun 17, 2012
  4. the1

the1

OT, I don't trade currencies much but when I do it's typically the USD. I've found this instrument behaves more rationally than the others and doesn't tend to give you, "where the f... did that come from." It behaves more like the futures market or even somewhat like the stock market. Good luck with it!

#14     Jun 17, 2012
  5. vlpaul

vlpaul

lol

#15     Jun 17, 2012
  6. The carry is the interest you pay when you are short the Aussie. You pay a little bit each day you carry that trade. Cost of doing business.

#16     Jun 18, 2012
  7. well I gotta go

hard to imagine anything going worse than it went last week. Most of the time everything I had on showed me a loss.

The pathetic thing is, if it had gone the other way I would have taken my profits and gotten flat and be looking for a new opportunity this week.

But I am hanging on to my losses.

That's probably why most traders lose.

I need everything that was going down to start going up

And everything that was going up to start going down

Is that too much to ask?

#17     Jun 24, 2012
  8. Gee, how could that be with an expert like you? 3000 posts of your expertise in 1 year I would have thought you knew what you were doiing. :D

#18     Jun 24, 2012
  9. I like to talk, especially about trading, I am very lonely and very rarely talk to anybody but the lady at the c store where I buy my cigarettes, and then all I shyly say is "thank you".

got a little bit of a break this gap, but I need more

looks like no trades until after midnight

but thank you for your concern

CYA next weekend

like the man said

well, I gotta go

#19     Jun 24, 2012
  10. whew! got to drinking that good old Kentucky Whisky and slept right thru the open

pretty quiet gap this sunday

my salvation came thurs night thanks to merkle

but I'm still short AUD/USD

that pair is gonna be the death of me

if I ever get out of it alive, I will never be scared to go long AUD again

well, nice talkin to ya, I gotta go

#20     Jul 1, 2012