Well Done Moderators

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by themickey, Jun 15, 2018.

1. themickey

themickey

The apparent total removal of a thread over the last several hours was a job well done.
    I wont mention any details, but this particular controversial thread where the OP threatens other members is certainly not acceptable. I would go so far as endorse the banning of OP.
    Once again, a very excellent job of moderation on ET. Thank you.

Sprout, Simples, Chubbly and 3 others like this.
  2. All of the behind the scenes work here is phenomenal with very much experience. The amount of work that goes into ET is unspoken and unknown.

ES

CSEtrader and Xela like this.
  3. Just doing what they are paid to do.

Pekelo likes this.
  4. Baron, Magna and Nkhoi...and others are doing a great job...About the pay part...I would quit my part time job to be paid under the table to moderate full time in ET. I do not believe it works that way though.

ES

5. But they need to reopen my Karen the SupertrAder Tastytrade Hybrid thread. Yes, I faked a blowout, but it was done to expose the trolls that were harassing me and took no time to get to know the strategy.

6. themickey

themickey

Moderators don't take instructions, they give them.

7. truetype

truetype

The mods indeed do a great job and we're all indebted to them. One feature I'd love to see added, assume the technology is available, is auto-bleeping of 4-letter words. I sometimes look at ET with my sons, who are interested in the financial market, and it's embarrassing to come across a 4-letter laden rant by some cretin. Are there really people so bone-stupid they can't express their trading concepts without using 4-letter words?

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, let's make ET PG 8!!! The lowest common denominator should be your sons. What about not exposing your sons to adult (I mean normal) stuff too early?

9. userque

userque

Highly intelligent people may choose to use 4-letter words. Using 4-letter words doesn't necessary mean you are bone-stupid. Not using 4-letter words doesn't necessarily make you a genius.

You usually need to be a legal adult to open a brokerage account in the USA...the base of this site. It follows that users would expect other users of this site to be legal adults. Adults may choose to use lawful, 4-letter words. Adults don't always agree as to how others are suppose to talk.

So, in conclusion, and in light of the above facts, parents may want to first read web pages before taking it upon themselves to show said pages to their children ... if that parent may have problems with the lawful word usage of other adults.

But, I wouldn't dare call you bone-stupid for not taking such or similar precautions...never. :)

CLkiller likes this.
  10. Pilot550

Pilot550

Oh FFS ... he isn’t asking for anyone’s ability to fully express themselves to be curbed. He’s just asking for an option to have some of the more colorful expressions replaced with **** when they appear on his feed. Easy enough to do I believe.

How the **** could that possibly be a problem for anyone else?

#10     Jun 24, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.