Welcome to the No-Lockdown Paradise - Brazil

Discussion in 'Politics' started by gwb-trading, May 29, 2020.

1. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

However in France, Belgium, and Italy the cases and deaths are declining.

In Brazil and U.S. the cases and deaths are rising.

Europe generally is on the backside of wave 1; the U.S. and Brazil are in the front-side of wave 1.

Japan had declared a state of emergency and everyone stayed as home until they got COVID-19 under control. Japan used social pressure and conformity to make everyone align -- in a strong-armed manner. They instituted proper testing & contact tracing to get COVID under control in a mere 1.5 months. If anyone thinks that Japan was not "locked-down" since they did not call it a lockdown better go take a look at their media about the last few months. They ended the state of emergency on May 26th.

New Zealand, Japan, and South Korea responded quickly to lock everything down and instituted full testing & contact tracing. This is why all three countries are open today and enduring a minimal economic impact compared to other countries.

#31     Jun 29, 2020
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I don't see that deaths in the US are rising, but maybe DeSantis is manipulating US data and the Coronavirus worldmeter site, so I'm not sure.

upload_2020-6-29_16-46-34.png

#32     Jun 29, 2020
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Brazil looks like it isn't rising either. Maybe DeSantis has influence there, too.

upload_2020-6-29_16-48-21.png

#33     Jun 29, 2020
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Tell us how cases are doing in the U.S. and Brazil.

#34     Jun 29, 2020
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I am merely pointing out your comment which said, specifically,

In Brazil and U.S. the cases and deaths are rising.
    This does not appear to be the case, as deaths are not rising (which is what I said). Would you care to amend your original statement or are you holding to the belief that deaths are rising in both countries contrary to the source data?

#35     Jun 29, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  6. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

So answer a question -- -Are COVID deaths rising in the majority of U.S. states?

#36     Jun 29, 2020
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Without pulling the chart on every state, I cannot answer that question. I prefer to have the data before making a claim if at all possible. Would you like to make a claim on that?

Because what you said was that deaths were rising in the US (and Brazil). It would appear that statement to be patently false.

#37     Jun 29, 2020
    smallfil likes this.
  8. smallfil

smallfil

Infections are rising because US has been testing so many people. Nobody on the entire planet has done more testing. Total deaths, I do not see it spiking. It is going down everywhere. There is just too much fear mongering courtesy of extreme liberal media. It is nowhere catastrophic as they portray it. They are just using it to keep the economy locked down to tank the US economy. That has been the playbook of the extreme liberal Democrats and their lackeys.

#38     Jun 29, 2020
  9. smallfil

smallfil

The death rate is still 4.5% so, how is it rising? Some states would have increased infections because each state has different rules on testing and some states have been tested more and others tested less. Just because there are more infections does not mean more will die. Majority of people infected do not even need hospitalization. Most are asymptomatic so, they had Corona Virus and got cured of it on their own.

#39     Jun 29, 2020
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

12% of the cases require hospitalization. 4.5% of those who test positive die. The cases are rising quickly in many U.S. states. Dramatically increasing cases means more hospitalization and eventually more deaths.

Any questions?

#40     Jun 29, 2020