Welcome to the Long Dollar Club!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Oct 4, 2010.

Your USD Sentiment

1. Short-term: Bullish, Long-term: Bullish

9 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Short-term: Bullish, Long-term: Bearish

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Short-term: Bearish, Long-term: Bullish

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. Short-term: Bearish, Long-term: Bearish

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Hmmm..Looks like I'm still under a bit of restrictions for being a new member it might take a little bit for my first post to publish.

#21     Oct 5, 2010
  2. You wake up...learn some fianace..understand that dropping dollar does not hurt an economy whose currency is reserve anyway, it mostly helps the exports and the only ones who are screaming, like you, are either totally ignorant about economics, or European and Chinese exporters who see their share dropping in the US.

If you knew anything about economics, you would know that other than minimal imported inflaion which is indeed minimal in periods of recessions, exchange rate fluctuations do not effect local purchasing power. In other words, an American in Utah does not care about the exchange rate of the EUR except if he was short EURUSD.

If you had experience with the markets, you would know that sometimes in the 1980's the USD dropped to 2 wrt to the German Mark. Nobody screamed then that US is getting destroyed and the currency is finished. These long term cycles in currencies are both natural and sometimes manufactured or agreed upon.

Get you facts straight...

#22     Oct 5, 2010
  3. kevinzhu

kevinzhu

I have a master's degree in Finance..With > 13 classes in Finance. What is your education background? You failed to realize a regime shift and to reconize jump risk.

#23     Oct 5, 2010
  4. I am sorry for your bulk diploma. You should ask for your money back. You basically learned nothing it seems...

#24     Oct 5, 2010
  5. kevinzhu

kevinzhu

Well I think you are a young and passionate person so you are kind of aggressive in your language, but my point is not arguing with you. Clearly over-confidence is not your friend... If you think your simplistic finance can explain and guide you for the complications in front of you, me, and everyone who are somewhat tied up to this messed up situation, more likely you are mistaken.

#25     Oct 5, 2010
  6. Larson

Larson Guest

Today the dollar is currently 77.75. Down 5 more points over the ensuing weeks and things will turn ugly. I hope it does not get there.

#26     Oct 5, 2010
  7. ptrjon

ptrjon

Hope... hope... I've heard that before...

[​IMG]

#27     Oct 5, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Anyone think the dollar is about to rally may be in for a bit of a surprise as the fed is intentionally keeping the dollar low to magically and artificially create high equity and asset prices.

This cant go on forever, something in the system will give way soon, there is way too much stress on the system at this moment.

#28     Oct 5, 2010
  9. #29     Oct 6, 2010
  10. #30     Oct 6, 2010