Welcome to obamacare Frustrated patients walk out of hospitals without treatment...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Jan 2, 2014.

1. It will just keeping getting worse.

'They had no idea if my insurance was active or not!': Obamacare confusion reigns as frustrated patients walk out of hospitals without treatment

MailOnline spoke with patients who were told they would have to pay their bills in full if they couldn't prove they had insurance
    One was faced with a $3,000 hospital room charge and opted to leave the hospital after experiencing chest pains
    'Should I be in the hospital? Probably,' she said
    Another, coughing in the cold, walked out without receiving a needed chest x-ray
    Consumers face sticker-shock from medical costs under the new Obamacare system, made worse if they can't prove they're insured
    As many as one-third of new enrollees' applications have seen problems when the government transmits them to insurance companies

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

How could their insurance possibly be active? The payment part of the Odumbocare website isn't even set up yet?

Did they think it was going to be free? Wait...scratch that...they probably did.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

5. teaparty

teaparty

Onazi Hussein has committed a war crime against the American middle class.

6. Max E.

Max E.

And i bet he still goes to bed at night telling himself how awesome he is.....

[​IMG]

7. Max E.

Max E.

Doctor’s Office Spends 2 Hours On Hold With Health Insurer For Patient’s Surgery Authorization

CHICAGO (AP) — The new year brought relief to some Illinois patients newly insured under the nation’s health care law. Others still weren’t sure whether they were covered, despite their best efforts to navigate the often-balky new system.

The major benefits of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul took effect Wednesday, the first day of 2014. By Thursday, the first business day of the new insurance system, it became clear that snags in the rollout of the Affordable Care Act still remained.

On the plus side, the law’s protections mean consumers can no longer be denied coverage if they’re in poor health. New limits on how much insured patients must pay for care will mean fewer bankruptcies after catastrophic illnesses. Insurance plans must offer a minimum level of essential benefits, and care such as flu shots and mammograms will be fully covered without cost to patients.

But early problems with the federal HealthCare.gov website led many people to wait until last week to sign up, and insurers are still processing enrollment forms.

Paperwork problems almost delayed suburban Chicago resident Sheri Zajcew’s scheduled surgery Thursday, but Dr. John Venetos decided to operate without a routine go-ahead from the insurance company. That was after Venetos’ office manager spent two hours on hold with the insurer Thursday, trying to get an answer about whether the patient needed prior authorization for the surgery. The office manager finally gave up.

“I’m not a happy camper,” said Nate Zajcew, the patient’s husband. The couple signed up for a Blue Cross Blue Shield bronze plan through the federal HealthCare.gov site on Dec. 16. “I understand it’s just a matter of paperwork and yesterday was a holiday. I can be an SOB, too, at times, but since they’re going on with the procedure, it’s OK.”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014...h-insurer-for-patients-surgery-authorization/

8. Wallet

Wallet

Wait till the procedure is denied by the Insurance Company and he gets the bill.

9. TGregg

TGregg

Sheesh. So some people don't get medical care so what. It's not like it is a life or death situation. . . oh wait. . .