Welcome new Ag traders!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by youngtrader, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Why does this forum always turn into a pissing match? You guys act like floor traders used to when a noob walked into the pit and wanted to trade.....argh he's going to take our order flow, moan and complain constantly. Let's face, most of you started out somewhere trading and if someone wants to help him more power to him since no one else is maning up here!

#11     Nov 14, 2009
  2. Hey, I've been an exchange member, floor trader, and have been trading grains since 72 I still haven't figured it out:)

Pity the newbies and recommend that they get a job at Cargill

Jeff

#12     Nov 14, 2009
  3. 4XQs

4XQs

Books are great, there are quite a few actually - some are fifty years old but still has valuable advice. I don't know why youngtrader's in such a bad mood, but just look back at the history of Ag here on ET and you might pick up something useful. If CME has the market reports that CBOT used to publish before and after each session, that's also valuable stuff.

(Sorry, cannot be bothered to list books, but search for grains on amazon or something).

#13     Nov 14, 2009
  4. Actually not a bad recommendation...I know of more than one guy that is a top notch trader and was trained at Cargill. Long long road to get worked up that far there though...

#14     Nov 14, 2009
  5. Lethn

Lethn

I love how people like youngtrader love to rig on all the newcomers that come through here looking for genuine information but he helpfully decides to stay silent when people question him on the issue.

Unless he's magically going to reappear with tons of helpful information don't bother with this troll like all the others folks. Just move along and I have to say I'm still looking into all this, AG does look like it has way more variety than metals so I may actually start off with that.

#15     Nov 16, 2009
  6. #16     Nov 18, 2009
  7. smalls

smalls

SSSHHHhhhhhHHHh!!!

#17     Nov 18, 2009