Welcome Back!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jack may I speak for the entire western hemisphere when I say what The F are you talking about? My poor dead cat's IBD or my tingly in the legs. If it's me I don't understand if you're trying to help or if you're just a jealous old trader who's last name has to do with IBD. Common what is this crap. Ok if it's oxygen to my brain I'll do a Blue Velvet thing..... I'll be sucking mad by tomorrow. I have heard in California they have oxygen bars but alas I have never been. Who the hell is Donna??? Jack this really is a weird post. Most people like me have not done meditation! You stupid old idiot. In fact every Friday I do one after my WU Shu workout and my darn wife is in hour 187 of a damn 200 hour yoga teaching course! Yes I have meditated and once when I borrowed by brothers car and hit a cab and ran I did a whole lot of these mantra things one in particular......

Now I'm taking a bath in a stk CTT and this wiring to a en-wave thing sounds pretty much like what they do. Some natural herb chick once went on a rant about my retinas because I smoke and the circles not connecting or something, you sound like her. This is a situation caused by my return here??? the stress of that.... are you stark raving mad man! I mean my mom's recurrence of breast cancer after 13 years, it might be that, but I fear it's an imbalance of something in my system and I am taking magnesiam tablets and some weird herb that they sell in Europe to those ladies that have to wear tights for their legs... I'M NOT GOING TO LIE IT'S FREAKIN' ME OUT... Usually by this time I would have gone to the beach a few times- I haven't got enough sun it might be vitamin K or D... There's a horrible ad on TV for mans legs disease or something in which the spunky little daughter insinuates Dad this could lead to a heart attack.
    How dare you say change my ways. What a piggish thing to say. I do my thing and then I feed some birds. I grow my tomatoes & corn and then I return, I'm generally nice to people, I pay my taxes and I kick the hell out of the market now and then. What else do you want?

I returned to ET quite simply because an editor yanked something of mine on Seeking Alpha & I remembered damn that never happened at Elite Trader you can still say your mind here. I dropped in and took a peek and it wasn't as zippy as I had known it to be-- so I decided to drop some logic, some love and some respect.

peace~ stoney

#41     Jun 15, 2010
  2. Donna is nodoji. She is from Tucson.

It looks like you have not encountered Zinn or the Bohr Syndrome in your past nor has your wife.

So shoot the messenger. Meaning shoot me.

As you read your post to me, notice if there is any stress represented in your words. This may be something to consider.

I do not know you at all. It may be possible for you to consider that I was posting to you so you could deal with something your raised with Donna. Donna can suggest to you, since we have met, that I am old and experienced and I do not spend my time giving anyone a hard time about anything.

Your research and predictions were not being criticised by me. PVT is a way of doing stock trading and it has no overlap with what you do since it is not based on induction.

Please put me on ignore.

#42     Jun 15, 2010

3. Man is it just me folks! This is the funniest thing! Jack swings in here like the mad prophet of oxygen depletion and then swings out like Dick Cavett saying please put me on ignore. I could be mean and say you were already there Jack but I won't, I know you Jack and you know me. In fact I have proof. In one of my best runs a few years ago you broke. I believe it was after UEPS the SA stock, at the time I was so clued in I was calling these breakouts to withing the 15 minutes and after something like seventeen of these you finally chipped in with a wonderous ode to the stoned one undoubtedly because you finally listened and made a mint.

I remember you had a daily trading blog of some sort.

As to this NoDoji / Donna thing-- that really blows my mind. I just assume most stock jockies and avid market watchers are guys. It's refreshing and scary to know that's not the case. If wiring up to a machine and sucking oxygen has nothing to do with my way of trading I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

I took a Howard Zinn course in college. Is this the man you speak of?
    Bohr Syndrome has but one reference on Google and it is pretty wack with no symptoms mentioned or cures.

~ stoney

#43     Jun 15, 2010
  4. I do not blog. for you 15 minutes is how you describe. 15 minutes for me is a very rough poor time period to be at risk during.

Jon Kabat-Zinn. Go look at some Utubes as a short cut for getting on the right page with respect to the problems you are going to continue to have and which will introduce additional heart symptoms.

I wrote up the Bohr Syndrome in two places: A heart guidebook and in a document on how the mind works (Dr. Hu). Here is an illustration from the heart guidebook. I am not putting the name of the heart guidebook on this site. The illustration will give you a lot of new pertinent vocabulary words.

Please put me on ignore and do not ask me any more medically oriented questions; I have time constraints and you need to see a professional face to face.

When younger, I had to carry medical malpractice insurance. I do not carry it anymore and I do not carry a "jump kit" when I am in one of my cars. I am now an older person. There are "good samaritan" rules as you may know.

#44     Jun 15, 2010
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

Well...I mean...gee, it's not like I'm trading anything really, really, really heavy like GVA.

I trade CL. It's light (like me), sweet (like me), and crude (hmmm...) :p

True, true, true, true and true.

You smoke??? You gotta stop that.

Also, you gotta change your ways: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

If you follow this plan for 3 months and still have health problems, then you can go have a KFC Double Downer and take up smoking again.

OK, back on topic: CTT

Where do you find these interesting stocks?

#45     Jun 15, 2010
  6. Geeze at this point I'm afraid to hit these links.

Jack I followed your maze of silliness and I can only surmise it's something about peeing a lot which is not now my current problem nor the balance. I have deliberately stayed away from the internet on this matter because I don't want to be told (a) I have a horrible disease (2) I have a symptom which a drug can cure with horrible side effects (3) that this will lead to a heart attack. I believe time heals all wounds.

Recently however, that was not the case. I don't think the two are related but a few months ago for the first time I had extreme back pain upper right. It was a pain i can't describe and I couldn't sleep. I did my usual Chinese herb bit then natural products by Americans then acupuncture then energy transfer. Nothing worked. I eventually broke and went to the Dr. He gave me naproxin I believe. This is a wonderful wonderful drug. White Coat Syndrome is an extreme and irrational fear of going to the Dr.

Could this back issue have anything to do now months later with tingling in hands and feet? The prolonged period of no income for me and my family is being blamed for my Mother's breast cancer which has traveled to her lung, could I have come down with something? No. I'm not even going there I'm 46 or 47 and have a six year old. I do have elevated blood pressure I guess I should throw that into the mix- 140 over something and when I get jacked up during football season I can feel it.

Too much salt too little salt iron, mangnesiam an element -- ok lack of oxygen in my blood cells whatever... the bottom line is you come on here Jack Hershey and don't exactly come off as the good Dr. And as to malpractice insurance I think that was probably a good idea. What quack comes on with the illustrations, the wrong symptoms and really does nothing for the patient. I'm going to go back and click Donna's link and see what she has top say. I didn't look because it looked like the topic was White Coat Symptom which is but a wall I must break through at times.
    (When those lab fees come in-- I'm back behind the wall, in fact I've got a damn collection agency after me for my wife's lab fees somewhere- dirty business these labs and they are so often WRONG)

>>

Alright lets take a breath and focus. That speech by Obama really sucked last night and I'm an Obama guy. I don't know if this effects our mindset with Westport or not, I'll have to touch base with the politics of DC to some extent today.

Donna, NoDoji I've been trading actively for roughly 25 years and my focus has always been on the research. If you research for long periods you enter a tsunami of possibilities, by linking and surfing on the web you seamlessly go from one idea to another and what starts out as a lithium battery could end up something quite different. Companies have competition and in those patents come some pretty fab stuff-- like PANL to CREE. Once I find a story I like it goes into the ole' mind and those symbols are in a databank of me likey... After 25 years these names build up- then no matter how long later (an elephant never forgets as Jack found out) if some good news comes out on a name I'll remember that was stk I had researched. Then the stk moves to the actively
    following and charting stage... then I hopefully either spot some momentum or see a basing formation then I buy. If I could STRESS ONE TIP for investors-- it is follow the names you are interested in for two weeks before buying. See how they act on up days and down days, etc. There is a type of investing that responds always to the news of the day-- new names every day to be jumped in and out of-- that's not me.

CTT is a company I do so dearly want to discuss fully here but right now I am trying to make sure they are not a sham. What I have in my favor is actual testimonials from people who have used the machine and experienced a relief from extreme pain and the VA hospitals testing the device in a big way and sales overseas. Potentially one unit to every hospital in America over the next 10 years would really give a PT of... well that's the problem here this is either a $200 stk or a $0 stk... it's one of the most explosive situations I have ever touched.~stoney

#46     Jun 16, 2010
  7. A forbes writer owns WPRT. That's something.
    It's going to be down a bit but I think we have to hold.~stoney

> WPRT

I have been on my soapbox about Westport Innovations (WPRT) since late 2008. I took a stab at WPRT in late 2008, but watched any gains be taken away in early 2009 as WPRT’s price cut in half. Discouraged by my chart read but not by the underlying story in WPRT, I kept it on the radar and started accumulating shares for a family account once WPRT started tracing higher highs. When a bottom evolved into a full blown trend, I was happy to add shares for my fund and ride the gain to the tune of a double in my public portfolio through Minyanville.com as well.

As oil drilling becomes a major issue, alternative fuels will once again come to the forefront. CNG will be in focus as a clean, inexpensive way to supplement/replace the current dependency on oil. From a technical viewpoint, WPRT continues to hold nicely on an uptrend lasting nearly 18 months now. As long as WPRT trends above support as marked on the above chart, I can only see blue skies in their future. Starting a small position here and adding as WPRT hits all time highs could be a sensible play. Always calculate your downside risk and have a stop in place in the event WPRT does not play out as anticipated. If a trader’s horizon is a bit longer, make sure and give this one a longer leash.

#47     Jun 16, 2010
  8. oh boy here it comes-

WPRT Westport Innovations downgraded to Market Perform from Outperform at Northland Securities

Ok classic case of investing chops. Sometimes these downgrades timed to macro events really stop a stk in it's tracks. We also have a negative open.

Sometimes these stks take a downgrade right in stride and close the week higher.
    Which one will Westport be? ~si

#48     Jun 16, 2010
  9. Ok a lucky break RealMoney gave away something for free on the name--- usually you hit these headers and only get a snapshot of that drooling idiot.

A Truckload of Clean-Fuel Potential

By Jonathan Moreland
    RealMoney Contributor
    6/16/2010 7:30 AM EDT

Westport Innovations' (WPRT - commentary - Trade Now) recently released results for its fourth quarter (ended March 31), which support the bullish case for its shares and have kept the stock trading relatively well in this awful market. With revenue-growth trends strong, this stock is more than just a speculative play on the prospect of natural gas garnering a larger global market share as a transportation fuel. It's a bona fide industrial growth story.

Canada-based Westport Innovations owns technology that allows heavy-duty diesel engines to operate on cleaner-burning natural-gas fuels, while preserving performance, fuel economy, durability and reliability. Westport has joint ventures and partnerships with the likes of Cummins (CMI - commentary - Trade Now), PACCAR (PCAR - commentary - Trade Now), Volvo, Weichai Power, Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE - commentary - Trade Now) and Beijing Tianhai Industry. The firm is also directing R&D towards products for natural-gas engines that could be attractive to makers of vehicles both larger and smaller than the truck market it currently services.
    Westport's revenues increased 36% in fiscal Q4 to CAD35.7 million (all of Westport's figures are currently in Canadian dollars, but starting next quarter, the firm will be reporting in U.S. dollars). That corresponded to a slight sequential decline from the CAD38.4 million posted in Q3, but Q4 was weaker than Q3 in both fiscal 2008 and 2009 as well. The decline this year was actually smaller.

For its full fiscal year, sales only increased 7.3%, to $131 million. But the first half of fiscal 2010 was affected greatly by the recession, leading to negative sales comparisons. The growth was in line with previous management guidance, and second-half performance definitely showed acceleration of the sort that confirms the worst is past for the firm in this recession.

Alas, Westport did not repeat Q3's milestone of posting an operating profit. Increased R&D and other sales expenses led to an operating loss of $7.7 million and a per share loss of 32 cents, which was nearly double what analysts expected. So, there was a legitimate reason why WPRT was volatile just after the quarterly numbers were released.

But the Gulf oil-well disaster may have bolstered resolve in the U.S. government to do the right thing (in my opinion) and give natural gas a larger place in any future energy legislation. In particular, the likelihood that that Congress will pass the now pending (but previously atrophying) Natural Gas Act has probably improved. The Act would expand the use of more environmentally friendly natural gas as a transportation fuel in the U.S. by providing more tax incentives for natural-gas vehicles and refueling stations. This would obviously help Westport, and management acknowledges that it could be a game changer for its U.S. business.
    Potential legislative tailwinds have understandably caught the attention of new Westport investors recently, but basing an investment thesis for WPRT on those alone doesn't give management enough credit for its years of patient business building, in my view. Those efforts are highly likely to pay off over the coming two years, even if Congress wimps out (yet again) on passing policies that will finally give the country increased energy independence.

Even without new legislation, Westport's last two quarters of revenue have shown average 30% year-over-year growth. That's not bad, especially as virtually all (92% last fiscal year) of the firm's sales are currently generated from its long-standing joint venture with Cummins, called Cummins Westport (CWI). But two other business relationships are now gearing up and have great promise in terms of bringing Westport's top line to the next level. Thankfully, neither depends on hoped-for decisions by lobbyist-controlled U.S. legislators.

Westport's 35% joint venture with Weichai Power, called Weichai Westport (WWI), and its more recent supplier relationship with Volvo Power Train both, arguably, have more long-term promise than CWI, because of the markets they will supply. Right now, both business initiatives are generating extra R&D and overhead expenses. But both have the prospects of generating meaningful revenues within two years.

#49     Jun 16, 2010
  10. A sudden doom in thinking has descended today. Combined with any change in diet or lifestyle that I may have to endure and the BIG question of the smoking... on top of all that, this stinking BP oil well has me very in the dumps today. There was a fete a compli' (spelled wrong) with Obama last night; he looked so weak; it was as if they gave up.

Now clearly the oil is seeping from all sides and maybe they will never contain it. Add to that the fact that this was a mega well. There can be doubt about it this was a huge huge find and the cost cutting measures will always be looked at here as a great great mistake. The guy will lose his job that is for sure. The BP guy I'm on the fence with Obama. This drilling it must be said has been welcomed by Gov Jingle or whatever his name is those states down there they rely on these platforms for jobs... they bare a brunt of this responsibility too... The fact is the Russians have dealt with this situation 5 times. And each time they have stopped the problem with either nuclear or high powered explosives. Why have we not reached out to Vlad? Why have we not nuked this well? Our society being democratic binds out hands. In Russia there is no fretting about eating the nuclear & glowing fish, they just eat it and die young... if a whole city dies of nuclear poisoning the news will barely get out... the initial problem though- that will be solved. They are an industrious, reckless people in that way, these Russians but they get the job done.

The IMF is traveling to Spain. Spain has a big debt auction tomorrow. We are sitting at a resistance point in the market. It's tough to paint a pretty picture here for end of week. Spain will either raise money on their terms or on onerous terms and the IMF will ride to the rescue-- if they time it right we live to see another day.

This well though. It never stops. It gets you thinking about Mayan calenders and all that.

I was married the night OJ was on the run, how long ago was that? I can't remember- the Knicks were good I know that; they were in the finals against the Bulls same night... oh what a night, the ecstasy, the late boat ride to Fire Island... oh to be young again. It must be close to a 20 years I got to buy a gift for the wife.

Talk to you all later~ stoney

#50     Jun 16, 2010