Weird stuff on IB

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by gwac, Apr 25, 2006.

1. gowron8

gowron8

Good Advice....why trade forex in a well run liquid ECN environment with a reputable honest broker that provides insurance on your account(s)......stick with your biology studies, dude.:p

#11     May 17, 2006
  2. gwac

gwac

Here we go again, i hit the bid with a limit order at the
    bid price, they lower it a point, i cancel the order the price
    goes back up. I did this 10 times, each time they
    lowered the bid one point then they brought it back up. This was on Cable.

I hate when IB banks %**&((*& around.

#12     May 23, 2006
  3. MR.NBBO

MR.NBBO

IB isn't in the business of scamming anyone.

When connection is lost any orders sent via API are attached to a page called "API" on the TWS, which is generated when you place an API order. It is a bit of a problem that this page doesn't save itself when a TWS connection is lost.

The only real problem here is that your API orders get mixed in with your TWS orders--which does create order management problems, yet, they ALL can be found on the pending page.

#13     May 23, 2006
  4. Thanks for your feed back but I didn't say they were scamming me and I totally agree with your statement above.
    My concern was that, because I haven't seen the API tab before, is it possible my firewall has been breached allowing a third party to do things they shouldn't?

#14     May 24, 2006
  5. Anyone else having a backfill problem today using TWS and QT?

#15     Jun 15, 2006
  6. If you place an order thru xxx to the API then you will see the API tab come up. There may be other reasons as well but you will be able to see anything happening on the api in real time when it happens. I wouldnt be too worried.

Backfill with IB and Sierra Chart is ok at the moment (not seen anyone complaining) although QT's exact request protocol is probably slightly different to Sierra Chart's.

#16     Jun 15, 2006
  7. Thanks for your rely.
    When I place an order, I place it directly from TWS and I only use QT for charts. Would that still involve the API? In all honesty I don't know what the API is for or how its used.:confused:

#17     Jun 15, 2006
  8. API just stands for application program interface and its what SC or QT or the order entry tools use to communicate with TWS. QT may be doing something that looks like an order entry (maybe some type of query that SC doesnt do).

Just keep an eye on tws next time and see what happens in the API tab when it comes up.

#18     Jun 15, 2006
  9. Thanks for your help. I'll monitor it and see what happens.

#19     Jun 15, 2006
  10. My fills aren't bad, its just this API tab keeps appearing from time to time and I don't know why.

#20     Jul 6, 2006