Weird IB error trying to trade Palladium on NYMEX

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by SideShowBob, Dec 11, 2006.

1. When I try to enter an order for Palladium on NYMEX for tomorrow (PAH7 - March 2007 expiry) I get the message:

This contract can only be closed.

I have plenty of margin and I have trading permissions. Does anyone know what's going on? I tried with TWS 865 and also 864.7, which I used to place a PA order a few days ago without problems....

2. sounds like maybe wrong month

3. It's definitely the March 2007 expiration I'm choosing. I see 2 contracts have traded so far tonight, so someone is trading it. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.....

It's for an order with a good after time of tomorrow morning, so if anyone could try it and see if it's something with my account or an IB thing that would be great.....

4. Now it's fine....WTF????

5. artis74

artis74

dont know but how anout trying something that actualy has some volume:D

6. It is IB tws problem. It happen to volatile stock during pre market. Not sure what is causing it.

7. I'm trading a system that uses daily (end of day) data and every night I enter orders for the following day to only be live while the pits are trading.

IB tells me via the ticket system nothing is wrong....if I had a nickel for every time they said nothing is wrong I wouldn't need to trade for profits....