Weird business ideas that worked

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sky123987, Apr 4, 2009.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

I'm not sure how weird it was, but the guy who put birthdates on stuffed animals, and then produced limited amounts of each one may have made a couple of bucks.

http://www.ty.com/BeanieBabies_home

#11     Apr 5, 2009
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

This is kind of frigging amazing...since we are getting about 10 inches of snow tonight I'm rather bored..and I've found hundreds of site's like this. Friggin amazing, I mean I had a low opinion of the average person's intellect, but this is nuts.
    Was talking to a friend of mine, and he says he knows a guy who owns one of these win the lotto sites, sells it with affiliates on clickbank and makes nearly $1million friggin dollars per year. amazing.

#12     Apr 5, 2009
  3. Hope you're feeling better, brandon.

Yeah these sites are nuts and it's like there's some secret scam template websites, because they always look the same:

Long vague explaination of some "fast easy money" scam.

Bordered testimonial in a brighter color than the background.

Similar explaination with different wording.

More testimonials. And an explaination of how much profits can be made, at which point they post a picture "real" checks.

Then at the bottom they have paypal or money order directions.

#13     Apr 5, 2009
  4. anjum55

anjum55

Be aggresive, Lease individual exchange seat from CME
    & only pay 0.21 for Exchange fee vs 1.14 regular rate,
    then talk to Broker for reduce rate & there you go,
    You got your high Volume Trading House, Mr King

Anj

#14     Apr 5, 2009
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There is actually some very good news when it comes to these type of scams.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9a58f44c-1fae-11de-a1df-00144feabdc0.html?nclick_check=1

The FTC is set to really crack down. Ive said this very often, if you feel like you have been taken by someone who sold you a stock market course, get ahold of the FTC, not the SEC. The SEC sits on their ass all day..the FTC gets out there and fines the shit out of people. I know several people whove had to interact with them, lucky for me I've not..coz it's never good.

These new laws concern me a bit because I have a couple of sites that are almosts 100% driven by affiliates, one of them I have 193 affiliates and I'm a bit worried about keeping a cap on what 193 people say about what I sell..but for the most part I think this will be good for consumers.

#15     Apr 5, 2009
  6. Cutten

Cutten

Google - a free to use search engine that somehow makes a fortune in advertising. I have never clicked on google ad in my life.

Beanie Babies - wtf?

Crocs

#16     Apr 5, 2009
  7. doable doable :)

#17     Apr 5, 2009
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Ive only ever clicked the google ads of people who pissed me off so I felt like running up their bill by 90 cents..small petty stuff..but sometimes it makes you feel better. Crazy though for sure...but it's an amazing number of people who do click those stupid things and then actually buy. Two things that amaze me. How horribly expensive and money losing a poorly run Google ad words campaign can be (I've got more of those under my belt then I'd like to think of) and how amazingly profitable a well run can be (thankfully I got a couple of those too).

#18     Apr 5, 2009
  9. Somewhat in defense of these people, I might add that they don't know how to make any more money in their job or they feel their life is a dead end. So they are desperate, desperate people do desperate things.

I wonder if you put up a site advertising one of these lame ass scams and at the bottom call it for what it is " a losing proposition" and then sell a self help book on "Losers for Dummies" or "Scams for Dummies" at the bottom of te page. "Hey, you never know" you might sell both books to the same person. lmao.

As far as clicking on ad words. "Mesothelioma" ( I think that was a $5 adword), always worth a few clicks to po the law firms.

#19     Apr 5, 2009
  10. RobBus

RobBus

#20     Jun 30, 2011