weiner the scum bag may get healthcare waiver

Discussion in 'Politics' started by John_Wensink, Mar 23, 2011.

1. What an absolute piece of shit. I hope he gets cancer.

Rep. Anthony Weiner said Wednesday he was looking into how a health law waiver might work for New York City.

Weiner, who is likely to run for mayor of New York, said that because of the city’s special health care infrastructure, his office was looking into alternatives that might make more sense. Weiner is one of the health care law’s biggest supporters; during the debate leading up to reform, he was one of the last holdouts in Congress for the public option.

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner. “I’m in the process now of trying to see if we can take [President Barack Obama] up on it in the city of New York, … and I’m taking a look at all of the money we spend in Medicaid and Medicare and maybe New York City can come up with a better plan.”

New York is one of two states that pass on Medicaid expenses to cities and localities, so “the city winds up having an enormous Medicaid expense,” Weiner said.

The congressman was trying to debunk Republican “myths” about the health care law during a speech at the Center for American Progress. He used the waivers as way to describe how flexible the law actually is and how “this notion that the government is shoving the bill down people’s throats” is not true.

“The administration needs to make this argument more forcefully,” he said. “A lot of people who got waivers were … people who are our friends.”

The New York Democrat said that he does not have the power to get the city to apply for a waiver but that he is “personally looking at whether he can make the numbers work.”

“We in New York already have hospitals, we already employ doctors and we employ nurses. We have a lot of uninsured people. … [Setting up] the exchanges is the one piece of the puzzle that would be difficult for us to do,” he said. “I’m just looking internally to whether the city can save money and have more control over its own destiny.

Weiner is slated to hold at least five events on the anniversary of the Affordable Care Act and has been one of the most outspoken Democratic supporters of the law.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/51840.html#ixzz1HTResP5f

2. Hello

Hello

Unfucking believable......:mad:

3. Tom B

Tom B

Liberal hypocrisy is the norm, not the exception.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

My sentiments exactly.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

+100

6. I've heard this guy on a few interviews. He seems like such a jackass. I would hope nyc doesn't elect him as mayor.

[​IMG]

7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I've seen Weiner in interviews a couple of times this week and he was a complete demagogue and prick in both instances.

I thought Chuck Schumer was obnoxious but this guy is a first-class putz. A "dumb twat" as Bill Maher might put it.

8. pspr

pspr

You're right. Weiner is a real nut job. He's in a contest with Pelosi to see who can be the baddest ass on the hill.

9. "What an absolute piece of shit. I hope he gets cancer."

That's a really strange thing to hope for, if I was a man prone to hopes and wishing I'd hope to fuck Eva Mendes, but hey that's just me.

10. Tom B

Tom B

I'd fuck her again. :)

#10     Mar 24, 2011