Weightlifters Over 40 Recover from Workouts the Same as 20-year-olds.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Just wanted to add here that every person's body in this thread is pulsing out GH on regular basis whether they like it or not. So if you've got cancer cells, they are getting stimulated by your natural IGF-1 regardless.

#21     Dec 19, 2017
  2. Gambit

Gambit

True. But wouldn't you agree that 4 iu would raise IGF-1 far above normal levels? I think that's where the risk comes in.

#22     Dec 19, 2017
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's true but there's more to the story. If it were really that dangerous, then every NPC and IFBB bodybuilder would either be ate up with cancer or dead, but that's not the case. The fact of the matter is that the body excretes all sorts of cancer fighting chemicals as a reaction to intense exercise, so the problem is not as simplistic as pointing a finger at GH alone.

#23     Dec 19, 2017
    Gambit likes this.
  4. Gambit

Gambit

I just mean an increase in risk. How much of an increase it is...well I think the jury is out on that one.

You make a good point. I know bodybuilders of the current generation are using GH, Insulin and straight up IGF-1. And they're not dropping dead of cancer in large numbers. I was going to use GH myself before my diagnosis.

#24     Dec 19, 2017
  5. DTB2

DTB2

TRT is one thing but supplementing HGH is quite another. I'm 58 and have been lifting since 13 all natural.

Anyone who is a non competitive athlete (bodybuilder/powerlifter) and is taking HGH for aesthetics is crazy IMO.

I never succumbed to the allure of steroids, it was the opposite of the physical culture lifestyle I was seeking.

And no, 50 somethings do not recover as quickly as 20 somethings, no study will prove that to someone who has spent way too many hours with way too many people in an iron gym.

#25     Dec 20, 2017