Weightlifters Over 40 Recover from Workouts the Same as 20-year-olds.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Okay, but given that no pharmaceuticals are without risk, especially in the long term, are you sure it's worth it? No judgment here, just curious because I personally am not drawn to the risk/reward.

#11     Dec 18, 2017
  2. Gambit

Gambit

That's awesome. My doctor advised me that it would be prudent to do a full body cancer scan before starting GH. GH makes everything grow, including cancer cells. My 0.002. Lance Armstrong opted to exclude GH from his PED stack when he returned to the sport. Probably good judgement on his part. Aside from the whole cheating, lying, throwing your friends under the bus thing :)

#12     Dec 18, 2017
  3. Gambit

Gambit

Don't feel compelled to do it. It isn't a panacea but it should be explored as a part of a wellness protocol. And of course, if you're low T, it's really a good idea to get on it. PM if you want my low T experience.

#13     Dec 18, 2017
  4. My T was in the normal range when it was last checked. If it ever went below normal and symptoms became noticeable, I would further explore every natural avenue before resorting to pharmaceuticals. And by natural, I don't mean "alternative medicine," for which I have no patience, but rather better diet and exercise; the whole "lifestyle" thing. Problem is, though, I'd be up against a wall because I think I'm already doing the diet and exercise thing pretty well. I suppose I'd have to take a closer look. Ingesting drugs would be the very last resort.

#14     Dec 18, 2017
  5. Gambit

Gambit

Yes. Sounds reasonable. And try injecting twice a week instead of ingesting. Testosterone is not always a fun drug :)

#15     Dec 18, 2017
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Thanks for your input, that makes sense regarding desirability of higher TRT levels into one's middle age. I also worry of what might happen when moving to a city/country where it is not easily available. Not sure doctors are equally keen on having someone on TRT anywhere in the world, and black market has its fair share of issues as well, especially when it involves cross border shipment. Right now TRT would be as easy to procure as HGH but I'm not sure how to deal with bi annual long vacations (usually 3 weeks over xmas and 5to 6 during summer). I actually started using growth hormone a couple of weeks before xmas holidays to see how I reacted to increasing dosage but had to stop for the holidays. Stopping TRT for 6 weeks seems to create issues, although if u have a doctor's prescription, especially in english, it should be easier to take it in your travels.

But I'll probably go and check my test levels after New year, it should be easier to reflect on the issue with those numbers on hand.

Besides HGH 1 IU daily sounds a very small dose, I'm reading more in the line of 1.5 to 2IU in an anti aging perspective and starting at 4IU for weightlifting purposes - I'll go for 4 first, which btw requires 2 injections per day, so it seems more complicated than TRT administration wise.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    #16     Dec 19, 2017
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Not sure, hard to know beforehand, if anything the information I found says HGH is likely to decrease one's life expectancy, especially at larger doses, but better their well beeing.
    I'll go for a treatment until summer holidays and will reconsider then.

Yes, It's not clear the research has been conclusive yet, but often the warnings about HGH are related to cancerous cells. Yet i'm not too keen on doing a full body scan looking for undeveloped cancers following some reading on how finding and treating non active cancer can be more harmful than helpful.
    Besides it seems HGH helps create new muscle cells, not only grow existing cells, which is probably a reason it works so well coupled with steroids which than help those cells to grow bigger.

#17     Dec 19, 2017
  8. Gambit

Gambit

You're right. The research is unclear on healthy patients with the exception of patients who've had cancer.

Your point about scans is interesting. I've never heard that before.

HGH is absolutely synergistic with Test. It goes together like peanut butter and jelly or dumplings and chili oil.

#18     Dec 19, 2017
  9. luisHK

luisHK

Risk Savvy from Girgerenzer has a chapter about this, quite interesting, along the rest of the book ( Girgerenzer appears to be a serious researcher and also a Taleb fan, for those who appreciate finance linked references) :

https://www.mpib-berlin.mpg.de/en/node/14934

#19     Dec 19, 2017
  10. Gambit

Gambit

I ordered the book on amazon. Thanks for the link.

#20     Dec 19, 2017