weeky profit traget for the S&P E-mini

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by bigchips, Jul 18, 2005.

1. This is about right. Anything over 1 tick/contract will make decent but not spectacular money. Today on the ES my average has so far been 0.323. Trading record summary attached.

#21     Jul 20, 2005
  2. nitro

nitro

:D

nitro

#22     Jul 20, 2005
  3. syrre

syrre

Sorry for my late response in this thread, i did not see it before now, i have not recieved any mail for this thread.

Yes, it was my most exhausting day so far this year.
    I have no problems with people wanting to watch, i have had some visitors to my office already, but for you i do have to mention i live "a bit" far away - in europe :)

That day
    Before / After: ~ 1,21 / ~ 0,83 ticks pr RT avg.
    Total 363,5 / 248,3 points

Hi
    Most of the trades are 10 and 20 contracts, and sometimes also holding bigger exposure than +/- 20 contracts.
    Most of when i do 20 it is from +/- 10 position exposure to +/- 10 position exposure the other way tho.

Hi opmtrader!
    High probability setups - thats correct :)

When you mention ATR i have to be honest and admit i do not know that term. Anyway i do not measure my percentage (profit)of "intraday size" as i think i understood its about. I maybe could, but wont because it is in most days microscopic. I do not care so much about the longer terms market. My approach is more mechanical or non-discretionary than discretionary for those of you who speak in those terms.

Gotta go! Later guys.

Best retards :)
    Syrre

#23     Jul 26, 2005
  4. :D

#24     Jul 26, 2005
  5. Am I figuring this right your paying $4.75 / rt (1.21 - .83 = .38 * $12.5 = $4.75)? I think I read in one of your other posts that you trade with IB. Are you considering going with a volume discount broker.
    Impressive man, but don't know if I need to read sucess stories like this before I've started trading. What order entry system are you using?

#25     Jul 26, 2005
  6. Interesting how nobody can come up with the fuzziest of figure in reply to the straightforward question of the thread starter.
    Why?
    :cool:

#26     Jul 26, 2005
  7. To properly respond to bigchips with an answer...

We need to know his level of experience in ES, strategy being used, his trading style et cetera.

As already stated.

That way those that do reply...he needs to know the same to determine the value of the info.

For example...lets say he's a swing trader and I'm a scalper (which I'm not).

How useful is it for me to say 12.50 ES points when him and I have completely different trading styles and using completely different strategies ???

Thus, if he really wants useful answers...he needs to say more about his trading of ES.

However, as I mentioned before...if he's not a profitable trader...

Weekly profit target info isn't going to be useful to him unless he's just doing a comparison versus someone else numbers in which he knows is a profitable trader.

Regardless, I think there are two posts in this thread that gave specific profit targets based on monthly goals.

I'm sure he can divide those numbers by 4 to come up with some weekly stats :cool:

NihabaAshi

#27     Jul 26, 2005
  8. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

:D

(can i join in?)

:cool:

#28     Jul 26, 2005