weekly turkey otions expire Thursday, or Friday?

Discussion in 'Options' started by marcoPolo21, Nov 23, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed completely! I have my alarm set for 0300. If it isn't thawed completely by being on the deck (lol) at 46 degrees with no sun on it, I'll put the silly thing in a trash bag in the sink, and fill it with cool water to finish the thawing, and be oven-ready by 1000.

And yes, I should have checked the fridge temp when I took it from freezer to fridge sunday.:eek: :( Live and learn...

Forgot to mention, it's still in it's original plastic so others here won't worry about me putting a raw turkey on the back deck with no "protection." Lol!:D

#11     Nov 23, 2011
  2. Crispy

Crispy

No worries.

Seriously. If its still frozen bring it in and put it on the countertop. 46 degree day temp your gonna be, what 25-32 tonight? That thing will still be a block of ice..

Im a Greek....we outcook you guys by a margin! :D And dont even get into the social unrest. We got a lock on that also.

#12     Nov 23, 2011
  3. this is prob the only thread that i'm glad has changed from the original topic to something else. re mr turkey.-just put it in the microwave and be done with it lol. you might be thinking "but it won't fit". no, you're not trying hard enough.

if your wife comes into the kitchen and sees you putting vasoline on the turkey and asked what the hell you're doing just say "go back to watching the parade. everything's under control. one of my et friends gave me this great tip for defrosting a turkey in a minimal amount of time. but he later admitted he lives on hot pockets and lunchables so i don't know if he should be trusted but desperate times...".

back to another reality re weekly options expiry, please everyone repeat after me "i will confirm directly from the product website the expiration date and time BEFORE entering a trade". i'm not saying the op forgot to do this but i've heard of traders doing this and come on here saying something like "oh crap i just got assigned on 5 million spx puts b/c they expire in the A.M. instead of P.M. please help".

this is especially important to verify on a regular basis b/c of the product changes like expiry going from a.m. to p.m.

happy thanksgiving all. whoever said "it could be worse you could be the turkey" has the right attitude.

#13     Nov 24, 2011
  4. you put a freaking raw turkey outside? by morning, it'll be half eaten by stray cats, coyotes and bears

just leave it on your kitchen counter at room temp. it'll thaw in several hours. last resort: there's probably some grocery store that opens until 3PM that sells cooked turkeys. they cater to the bumbling chefs out there like you

#14     Nov 24, 2011
  5. on a related note, for the umteenth time, the other day I SOLD a put on the E-mini, instead of my intention of BUYING one. I even have the IB confirmation window come up and I missed it. Happens every few months - sell instead of buy or vice versa, I have to laugh.
    I guess I am overtrading.

#15     Nov 24, 2011
  6. here's a suggestion to prevent order entry mistakes from ever happening again. pls forgive the caps but it's important. READ EVERY DETAIL OF ORDER OUTLOUD. I made so many stupid order entry mistakes when i started out looking back on it now i shudder to even think about it. since i started doing this i have never made a single mistake placing an order. there's been multiple times when i've been reading an order outloud prior to clicking submit and there's been something wrong w/ it so i had the chance to change it. does it take a few extra secs? yes. is it worth it if you're really serious re trading? yes.

#16     Nov 25, 2011
  7. bc1

bc1

I'd bet you are about to meet your barber for that haircut.:)

RUT/Russell 2000 Index closed on Turkey day and settled Friday morning at open. Don't know about the others except SPX closed on Friday.

#17     Nov 25, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Lol! It was on my upper deck which there are no stairs to. I did decide to take it inside, and place it in cool water in the sink Wednesday night. It worked perfectly. When I was putting the turkey in the oven after prepping it, the only thing I noticed was a miniscule amount of ice in the chest cavity.

After cooking the 22.9lb monster at 350 for 4hr, I pulled the bird out of the oven with an internal temp of 160f, and it continued to cook to 180f, but not any more.:)

This HAD to be the best turkey I've ever prepared, and if anyone wants to know what I did, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC5vyQfUA0A&feature=relmfu

I'll most certainly be doing this for the Christmas turkey, but this time I'm going with one in the 16lb range vs 22lbs+ lol.

Hope everyone here had a Happy Thanksgiving! Last, thanks for the emergency turkey advice guys! This one could have been a problem (since I'm in charge of the turkey!) had I not checked it wednesday afternoon, and pulled it from the fridge thurs morning still frozen!:eek:

#18     Nov 26, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

You Greeks... Lol!

And no, I'm not getting into an Italian vs. Greek cooking discussion.:D I love Greek food too, so it's all good.:)

#19     Nov 26, 2011
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Crispy, I can't believe you've done this to me! I'm about to get in the car and go get some absolutely beautiful gyros (pronounced "hee-ros" for the rest of you who call them "jyros" lol) and a massive greek salad with extra feta, and extra pepperoncini! YUM!!!!!!!! Probably some humus too. lol

I was going to stick with pizza for football saturday, but nooooo, you had to tempt me with the greek food!:D

After eating turkey sandwiches yesterday, I'm COMPLETELY done with turkey until 25 December! lol

#20     Nov 26, 2011