Weekly Thread: Sep. 7 - 12

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rezo_s, Sep 7, 2003.

1. rezo_s

rezo_s

9/7/2003 6:02:08 PM

Hello all, hope you're having nice weekend. Little commentary on what I see in coming days for me on market.

EURUSD: Single currency made it all the way to 1.11, and was going up all the way to closing minutes, just as expected. Unfortunately my entries on majors in the beginning on the week turned out to be early, and the market took out all my stops twice in raw. Well, now when both swissy and euro are at points where I should have been taking profits, I needed to evaluate whether there is any scene to enter for further continuation of the move. Well, I will be entering shorts on USD once again, but cannot tell when maybe Monday-Tuesday...
    We are still in channel, but such a rapid upside bounce may suggest a break of channel. On the other hand, I warned that its Friday we are talking about, and profit taking may push prices higher. That was an option, and that's what happened. Therefore Friday may be taken with little suspect.
    Nevertheless, I will be going long, and initial target for my long trade will be 1.1220, but it seems like if we get there, we may go much higher as it will mean break of channel. Therefore target will not be defined as final.

GBPUSD: Cable didn't make it to 1.6040, and I think we may see that in near future. Therefore I will be taking long here as well

USDJPY: After the intervention, charts are suggesting to buy the pair, and that's what I will do. This trade may take place on Monday. Initial target is around 118.50.

USDCHF: Same here as on euro. I was talking about 1.3750-70 target when I was taking short last week, and we are almost there now...same here - will take short here, but target will be open. Will define later the levels it can get. I don't think early Monday is when I may enter, therefore I have time to think.

US/Canadian may become good sell next week, but it depends how charts go in the beginning of the week. USD/CAD and rest of crosses will be reviewed after week opening, as still need couple confirmations.

Best Wishes,

Rezo Shmertz.

2. DROP THE BS. POST ENTRIES AND EXITS AND CURRENT POSITIONS AND ALSO CRITERIA FOR ENTRIES/EXITS/STOPS/TARGETS. I HATE COMMENTATORS LIKE YOURSELF. GET A JOB ON CNBC LOSER. YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN.

3. izeickl

izeickl

He does post entries and exits and positions when he does them/has them. Look at his past threads instead of being an ass.

4. rezo_s

rezo_s

I dont mind such posts - these are usualy the idiots loosing the money...getting margin calls. Probably he lost his account on friday upside move on euro..so they get mad and post like that to show once again how stupid they are...
    He will probably post and say he was long on euro on friday or even before...thats usually what they do...and then dissapear...probably begining another way to loosing next deposit.

5. Howdy Rezo,
    I'm looking to take a long in the Euro/USD in the right conditions are met next week. Same with JPY. Currently long GBP and short CAD, both are feeling great. I think the CAD might drop hard after breaking major resistance, but I am on the lookout for a return to the range. Might be a potential Long with low risk at that point. A short on the CHF looks nice, but I am waiting for a pullback or something a little less risky.

Have a great week.

6. rezo_s

rezo_s

great, baggerlord.

Good Trading!

7. rezo_s

rezo_s

Very possible I enter those positions I mentioned today. We saw a very serious upside move on usdjpy, and that proves my previously indicated sentiment.
    Once again, these are positions I am going to take:
    short USDCHF targeting 1.3660
    long EURUSD for 1.1220 (tgt open - most chances if we get to 1.1220, we go higher - maybe 1.3070, so once/if we get there, then desidion will be made)
    long GBPUSD for 1.6080.
    Stops will be moved to b/e after 30 pip move in favor for several reasons: channel on euro and swissy ; recent donwside pressure.
    Therefore we take it with caution.

Good Luck,

Rezo.

8. rezo_s

rezo_s

sold usdchf@1.3875

9. rezo_s

rezo_s

We are still very likely to get another push back to where we were today, and therefore I still may enter euro later. If not - I pass.
    Lets wait for cable close this hour and looks like I take long there...

for this trade:

stop 1.3985 (110 pips / 3.15%)
    target 1.3660 (215 pips / 6.29%)

stop to breakeven @1.3835

10. rezo_s

rezo_s

Bought cable @1.5861

#10     Sep 8, 2003