Weekly Thread: Sep. 1 - 5

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rezo_s, Aug 31, 2003.

1. RyanG

RyanG

Failure at 1015 again would signal SELL, but a break confirms the upside (BUY)

Looking forward to the upcoming session in London

Ryan

#51     Sep 5, 2003
  2. rezo_s

rezo_s

This is very sensative here - we may get resistance there, meybe retrace littel - would you consider it faliure? Maybe after it retraces fot 30 pps and goes for the second test it will break? you never know...
    Anyways, correction started after sharp upside move but lets see if it oges below 1.09. 1.0880 is a level now. I doubt its going down...
    I'm going to go short on usd on all majors once again. Target for euro is arount 1.11, for swissy around 1.3850, for cable 1.6040.
    Maybe I wont trade these today, but those are the plans.

#52     Sep 5, 2003
  3. RyanG

RyanG

I trade intraday, so I will trade a bounce off 01015, but a close above this would confirm the upside

#53     Sep 5, 2003
  4. rezo_s

rezo_s

Thats totally up to you, Ryan, all I can say is good luck regardless which side you trade!

#54     Sep 5, 2003
  5. rezo_s

rezo_s

Well Ryan, I hope you didnt do it after all. Its a shame my longs this week got stopped, but entries there were wrong - false signals...I think we are heading to 1.1 at least - inside that channnel I posted earlier. Maybe we are talking about more serious move and we break it. No matter which it is, I will be looking to get into long position...

#55     Sep 5, 2003
  6. RyanG

RyanG

No i bought at 0958, and gained a quick 29 pips and just got out.......bad economic data from the States helped my decision.

I was trying to put a mkt order in as the data came out but couldnt get in until then (missed the first 30pips)

Your posts are great to be able to throw ideas out there.

Ryan

#56     Sep 5, 2003
  7. RyanG

RyanG

Like it to close above 1015 to confirm upside, but I think your on the money

#57     Sep 5, 2003
  8. rezo_s

rezo_s

Great Ryan. Good you profited from it.
    Well, I was talking about target around 1.1 - we're almost there.
    Ok, I'm closing the week, as there's nothing here for me now. Will post on sunday before market opening as usual. Ok, week closed, thread closed.
    Thanx everyone for participating and viewing,
    See you all in next week new thread.

Best Regards,
    Rezo Shmertz.

#58     Sep 5, 2003
  9. The early move EUR/USD gave me a buy signal that was correct for 60 pp move. If system continues to perform correctly, do you think the currency market is the one for long term success, opposed to the Emini's, for instance.....Forex runs certainly seem to be more intense and dependable...System fits all markets equally well, if markets are active...intraday trading is my choice, but system works on all time frames.......... Best Wishes

Porgie

#59     Sep 6, 2003
  10. rezo_s

rezo_s

porgie, I dont know what you mean by currency market is the one for long term success, and cannot refer that question, but as for system fiting all markets I have little doubts...any system need to be twistes a little to suite different instruments, and even my system doesnt equally suite different instruments in forex market. For example, it works much better on majot 4 pairs...forex is market I am concentrating on...but I am paper trading it on emini sp now from May, and am up 44.25 pts, but still working on suiting the system...will see how it works for couple more months...

#60     Sep 7, 2003