Weekly Thread: Sep. 1 - 5

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rezo_s, Aug 31, 2003.

1. RyanG

RyanG

Hi Fast Trader

I use FXCM, whom I find to be good. They seem to have good customer service and good order execution.

Ryan

(I have no affiliation with them, just have an account with them)

#11     Sep 2, 2003
  2. I use Oanda, and they are great. If you want to play with $50 or a couple hundred they are definitely your broker. I have heard you shouldn't trust them with tons of money but i have never heard any good reasons for this. Smallest spreads as far as I know.

#12     Sep 2, 2003
  3. RyanG

RyanG

Hi Baggerlord

I have looked at using them. They definitely have attractive spreads. How do you find the order execution?

Ryan

#13     Sep 2, 2003
  4. It is instant, and have never had a bad fill. No affiliation, I really am just amazed at how good of a deal it is.

#14     Sep 2, 2003
  5. What do you use for charting? Can the same T/A techniques that we use in stocks and futures be used in the Forex market?

-FastTrader

#15     Sep 2, 2003
  6. Free real time charting comes with Oanda. It trades a lot different from US markets. Read marketsurfers journal, it explains better than I can. I think it is easier to trade once you get used to it. To sum up, ride trends. I would never fade a breakout in Forex.

#16     Sep 2, 2003
  7. rezo_s

rezo_s

Bought euro@1.0940

#17     Sep 2, 2003
  8. rezo_s

rezo_s

Reusmption of previous trend is always an option, but besides reasons you mentioned, I see faliure to go down last week is indicating we are going to test upside borders.
    Take a look at 240min charts as well - became oversold without significant move down - this, after recent push upside also indicates move north.

#18     Sep 2, 2003
  9. rezo_s

rezo_s

100%

#19     Sep 2, 2003
  10. rezo_s

rezo_s

stop at 1.0860 (80 pips / 3.2%)
    target 1.1120 (180 pips / 7.2%)

#20     Sep 2, 2003