Weekly Thread: Oct. 05 - 10

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rezo_s, Oct 4, 2003.

1. rezo_s

rezo_s

In addition to EURGBP and USDJPY I am looking at:
    short USDCHF for 1.2880
    long EURUSD for 1.1910

All these trades are possible in near 24h, except for long usdjpy - I may stop looking at it as a possible buy - trend is very strong, and retracement, even if occurs, may be very weak. In brief, it may be dangerous to long this pair.
    Still watching the market.

Good Luck Everyone!

#11     Oct 7, 2003
  2. rezo_s

rezo_s

Ok, going to take long position on usdjpy at around 109.50 with stop at 108.90 and target 112.05. I still do ont put an order, prefer live entry, but thats the leves I will be looking to enter. This plan is active till end of a day, i.e. for another 5 hours to come. I may enter lower or higher, depending how it goes.

#12     Oct 7, 2003
  3. rezo_s

rezo_s

Had my eye on USDCHF since last week. Was going to short it back then, but I think now it still is not to late. Target is same - 1.2870. Will be looking to long the Euro as well for retest of 1.19 levels. Target will be set @1.1905. Usdjpy scenario will be canceled with this hour close as posted earlier. Other trades on watch:

long audusd
    long eurgbp
    short usdcad

good luck!

#13     Oct 7, 2003
  4. rezo_s

rezo_s

Will buy euro, swissy and most probably canadian as well - sell USD on all:

long euro for 1.1930, that will be done if I get a good entry. stop is about 70 pips, maybe more, so I may pass this one because of poor r:r ratio

short usdchf for 1.2870 - this one looks good

short usdcad for target 1.3080

at the moment swissy trade looks best, but as you know I will open maximum of 3 trades at the time; as an alternative, there are 2 more pairs on watch:

long audusd for 7155

long eurgbp for 7180 - 7220

Good trading :)

#14     Oct 8, 2003
  5. rezo_s

rezo_s

there is a little triangle currently on Euro/$ short charts, and I think it should break down to trigger 1.1750 (market needs some retracment) - maybe it will be the best time to enter long. This may bring retracement on swissy as well...
    Watching market. I think today may be the trading day

#15     Oct 8, 2003
  6. rezo_s

rezo_s

This is in no way reco to short for 11750 level - no. The trend upside is very strong, and even though correction is expected, I dont trade corrections. I mentioned the correction as possibility. For me, even trading triangle break against the trend in this situation is considered as dangerous trade (although triangle is a good formation to trade).

#16     Oct 8, 2003
  7. fortuna

fortuna

Hello,

EURUSD: buying into dips seems to be preferred play with first target zone for re-buying located down at former resistance 1.1720/30. We need to clear 1.1810/15 to push higher, although we reckon 1.1850 will be tough resistance to crack on week (medium term guys will have EURUSD to go at this trigger)

USDJPY: we see variety of a/c selling USDJPY yesterday to test the BoJ tolerance level. It was yesterday around 109.30/35, it then took 70/80 pips, but Spec and Prop guys all came in and sold it again. We do think that the market will push the Boj tolerance buy selling USDJPY once again today and 109.30/35 could be cleaned up as it's long puts.

AUDUSD: the target of 0.6950 is not far, if we get there, medium term longs from 0.6750/8 will start to take profit in this area.

EURGBP: key mover yesterday. support is 0.7020/30 and resistance 0.70/90/71

#17     Oct 8, 2003
  8. rezo_s

rezo_s

EURUSD - Agree - read what I am posting about for 2 days now- am looking for retracement to take long there

USDJPY: I think 109.15/30 will provide serious support, but now, after we broke the neck line of 115, interventions cannot hold the price anymore - h&s pattern is in place and there is nothing interventions can do. Its only matter of time now whhen we break lower. We may get al low as 105, and even lower later...

AUDUSD: I think we may get much higher that 6750/80 - eventually we may get as high as 7150, and I think it may be matter of less than a month

EURGBP: we broke the triangle on daily charts, and 7180-7220 should be triggered soon - look at previous postings to see the charts.

Thank you for sharing,

Rezo

#18     Oct 8, 2003
  9. rezo_s

rezo_s

Well, the triangle was broken upside - new (day) highs in asian session...

#19     Oct 9, 2003
  10. rezo_s

rezo_s

Will be selling the GBPUSD for 1.6490 target, good risk reward here, as stop is around 50 pips (more or less +/- 10 pips). Dont know exact price to enter, but naturally the higher - better.

#20     Oct 9, 2003