Weekly SPX options and MiniSPX

Discussion in 'Options' started by riskarb, Sep 9, 2005.

1. From the CBOE website:

PROPOSED SHORT-TERM S&P 500 INDEX OPTION PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
    Symbols:
    JXA, JXB, JXD, JXE (Weeks 1 through 4 root symbols)

Underlying:
    The Standard & Poor's 500 Index is a capitalization-weighted index of 500 stocks from a broad range of industries. The component stocks are weighted according to the total market value of their outstanding "free float" shares.

Index Components

Contracts Listed:
    New series of short-dated Standard & Poor's 500 index options are listed each Friday morning and expire one week following their listing date. The third character in the root symbol denotes the expiration week of a given month. For example, JXA is the symbol for S&P 500 short-term options that expire on the first Friday of the month; JXB is the symbol for S&P 500 short-term options that expire on the second Friday of the month, etc. No more than two classes of short-term options based on the same underlying may be listed at the same time. For example, JXB is listed on the first Friday of a month, the day on which JXA options expire.

#41     Oct 28, 2005
  2. I think I found it. You have to look under SPX for the options. Then you have a choice of the weekly and the monthly. How you identify the weekly -- unless you knew the root would be less than obvious.

Having said that it looks like a 2 pt spread on the 1185 and the midpoint is around 8 for the ATM...

#42     Oct 28, 2005
  3. #44     Oct 28, 2005
  4. Does IB displays weeklys today?

#45     Oct 28, 2005
  5. As individual quotes yes. As a chain no. Also, I can't find a quote for 1200 which seems kind of odd but maybe no one is offering it yet.

#46     Oct 28, 2005
  6. what should I enter in column "Underlying" to see the individual quote ? Let's say for ATM put and call.
    Thanks , SS

#47     Oct 28, 2005
  7. 1. Set Row to SPX
    2. Select Options
    3. Select Nov.
    4. Select Smart(CBOE) doesn't matter I think.
    5. Select the contract that begins with a "J"
    6. Voila

#48     Oct 28, 2005
  8. ktm

ktm

I found 1185 and 1195 puts and calls for Nov, but nothing for Dec (expiring the first friday next week). Also there are no quotes for the Nov contracts.

Another interesting note. I have an institutional and personal account with IB. The Inst acct showed the contracts while the pers acct does not.

#49     Oct 28, 2005
  9. How did you get j What will be next week?Thanks

#50     Oct 28, 2005