Weekly Poll: Will Buyers Knocked Out By Expiration Put Up A Fight?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 17, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2010.
  1. Bullish

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Bearish

19 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. noddyboy

noddyboy

Actually, the IRA is the best place to take large short term bets, although most people do the opposite. You want short term gains in a tax free account, and long term in your taxable.

#31     Jul 18, 2010
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Agreed, as long as those trades are in a Roth. Oh, and assuming you know how to trade profitably!

#32     Jul 19, 2010
  3. Futures are in the green, 10 minutes before the open. Should we take profits immediately after the open, or wait longer? Will test Friday lows immediately after the open, or wait until later?

#33     Jul 19, 2010
  4. 9:52AM: Nasdaq 100 is up ~1%. Are we done for this morning on the upside?

#34     Jul 19, 2010
  5. noddyboy

noddyboy

Yes! Not sure how many years you have till retirement, but it would be very sad if you have a net loss instead of gain over that whole period!!

#35     Jul 19, 2010
  6. That was the morning top! :) Now QQQQ at 44.25 at some minutes before 10:30AM. I feel the bulk the gyrations are done for this morning. Unless someone can show some interesting trades, I am am done. In any case, good luck everyone!

#36     Jul 19, 2010
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

I think it is important to stay balanced. There will be both long and short opportunities this week.

#37     Jul 19, 2010
  8. unlike all the other weeks?

#38     Jul 19, 2010

9. 1. Now that you guys seem to start seeing the merit of the short straddle trade, which was my favorite choice earlier in this thread and at end of the previous thread, I am now starting to worry. I am clipping it.

2. I have a suggestion to all the regulars of this thread: could you post a list of stocks you notice, like stocks on the move? I think it can useful to all of us, and also make the thread more popular, and the polls would get more votes. Just a suggestion.

Point 2 assumes agreement from Shortie, or at least a silence on his part.:)

#39     Jul 19, 2010
  10. piezoe

piezoe

I have negative 5 years until retirement. I've finally found something I'm extremely good at, i.e., retirement. I highly recommend it.

#40     Jul 19, 2010