Weekly Poll: When Does Xmas Rally Start?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2010.
  1. Bullish

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Flat

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Bearish

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. S2007S

S2007S

Look how the market just floats higher into the close, I think that 2:30 sell off of about 4 s$p points was the buying opportunity for the rest of the year!!!!

#41     Dec 15, 2010
  2. eurusd at 1.3211. I want to flip a burger from short to long side. I prefer to flip at 1.3202, but the market is not even touching 1.3208, and has been near it for more than an hour now.

What do you think I should do?

#42     Dec 15, 2010
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

You could be right!!!!

#43     Dec 15, 2010
  4. For rest of week, is the bear in that big's clothes?

#44     Dec 15, 2010
  5. The above post was made 5 minutes before 5PM. Less than few minutes, buyers showed up and started moving the price higher. Look at the chart.

Has it been influenced by readers of Shortie's thread?

#45     Dec 15, 2010
  6. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

No need for fake news.

Manufacturing numbers were very strong this morning, plus inflation was tiny again ( contrary to what one might surmise on this site ). Countering the good news was the Spain downgrade although I suspect this was somewhat expected. Minor selling today was just normal ebb and flow of a bull market. My own trades all rose on the good news and I sold at a nice profit my biggest trade ( 400% profit on a swing trade in less then two weeks ).

Tommorrow, we have three key reports. The Philly Index was the main reason we continued rallying a month ago. New report at 10 am. Also of interest are the jobless claims this is the one area lagging in the US recovery. Any drop could kick start the market higher as well.

#46     Dec 15, 2010
  7. Locutus

Locutus

You think inflation is bad for stocks?

#47     Dec 15, 2010
  8. i hope we will manage to crash some more!

#48     Dec 15, 2010
  9. Locutus

Locutus

Man up a bit. Are you even a real bear?

We're going to lose at least 20% from this point sometime in the near future (2011) and you're already excited? :p

#49     Dec 15, 2010
  10. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Bring up this post end of next year. I'll go on record now that we will not drop 20% from today's levels at any point in 2011. I expect the next correction will be during the summer of 2012.

That being said, I like going short in January if we can rally into the year end like we usually do. I believe resources stocks could correct at some point soon. Its not a bubble yet but the move up has been too fast.

I'm neither a bull or a bear. I'm a trader. The more trends we get the easier it is to make money. Most of 2010 was not a great trading time period, but the last quarter has been great.

#50     Dec 15, 2010