Weekly Poll: When Does Xmas Rally Start?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2010.
  1. Bullish

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Flat

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Bearish

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. I was wrong last week, and I do feel like I've lost my mojo, as it were.
    Still, I'm looking at the continuing large drops in all the vol indices and thinking there's got to be some sort of consolidation here somewhere. We've gone from bullish to wildly bullish to completely inane (or perhaps insane), which is fairly typical for a run-up of course; for a sell-off, just replace bullish with bearish, and you'd have where we were just prior to takeoff the day after Labor Day. Anyway, this is the part where you quote Keynes re irrational markets & solvency...
    GDX is treating me nice, but even there I think I'm taking profits today. Sentiment is just getting completely out of hand.

#21     Dec 13, 2010
  2. today will be 10th straight up day for nasdaq.

Bottom line is all people are bullish, and no one want to sell at this moment. As I mentioned in my another post, if you are one of those underperformance and late- to- come into market fund manager, do you want to sell now and look like an idiot next year ? Or you prefer to go in market NOW and LONG as much as you can ?

So my conclusion is today will be the 10th UP day for Nasdaq.

#22     Dec 13, 2010
  3. A great big downleg will send a nice thrill up my leg. [​IMG]

#23     Dec 13, 2010
  4. any top calls here? SPY 124.97

#24     Dec 14, 2010
  5. A lower high would be nice. [​IMG]

#25     Dec 14, 2010
  6. This is called the quarterly expiration squeeze. All the y have to do is keep the foot on the gas till friday morning, and it all goes away. You can see that someone is trying to hold them up here, unless its just shorts scrambling all over themseves. Just one big squeeze over and over and over again. That is todays market. There are so few players that you dont get the two sided action we used to get. I have troubles getting filled on 10 lots, I can only imagine what it would be like to get filled on 15k contracts a day like I used to trade.

#26     Dec 14, 2010
  7. This is where the buy-hi-sell-lo, set-your-stop-loss bunch comes in. [​IMG]

#27     Dec 14, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

FED announcement in 14 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready for some afternoon volatility.

The dow has been up 70 points for the last 3 hours and hasn't moved since.

go figure

#28     Dec 14, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

Think the market is getting ready for the same boring dribble bubble ben bernanke always says.

Keep buying.

#29     Dec 14, 2010
  10. Locutus

Locutus

Oh my god. This guy is positively nuts. "This market has barely budged for the past month!". What the F.

#30     Dec 14, 2010