Weekly Poll: When Does Xmas Rally Start?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2010.
  1. Bullish

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Flat

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Bearish

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. +1
    "as we enter what is historically the best time to own stocks"

#11     Dec 12, 2010
  2. I don't have one, I don't forecast.

#12     Dec 12, 2010
  3. i am confused about China. if they do tighten rates, is this bad only for the Chinese market or is it bad for the US market as well? SPY is climbing non-stop so the pending Chinese news must be a good thing, right?

"Stock markets braced for Chinese interest rate rise

• Inflation rose from 4.4% in October to 5.1% in November
    • Chinese exports climbed 34.9% in November..."
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/12/china-economy-inflation-interest-rates

#13     Dec 12, 2010
  4. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

No rate hike apparently; to be honest the "bad for the markets" talk was way overdone the fact is their "problem" stems from a successful, growing economy. How can that ever be bad for markets long term ?

Shorts are running out of reasons. Many companies are raising dividends already as their cash reserves are getting way too high. The "non-stop SPY" climb is still fairly modest for 2010 given we are only in the second year of a bull market.

I presume you will only become a believer in this bull market when its almost done. That's the way markets work. Will you be still posting short calls until the year 2012 when we top out ?

#14     Dec 12, 2010
  5. i can't predict the market even short-term, why should i venture in predicting it 1 year from now?

#15     Dec 12, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

When the market is only going one way, one person gets soooo excited that he thinks it can just keep going one way, thats right cramer thinks the market is headed up, up, up. So all you raging bulls have no worry, you have cramer backing you up in this hyped up bull market.

Cramer on Friday afternoon 12/10/10 said:

"""This one is a "RAGING" bull NOT an aging bull!!!!!"""

"""""""I do NOT think we've seen the highs for the year!!!!
    Thats right this market still has room to run!!!!!!""""""""

"""This true bull market is just getting started!"""

<object id="cnbcplayer" height="380" width="400" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" >
    <param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1691665516/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1691665516/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

#16     Dec 12, 2010
  7. thank you for posting this. this reminds me of his Apr 2010 super-bullish call. could Cramer be wrong at the exact top this time again? i guess this is unlikely.

BTW the future are dumping hard this fine Sunday evening 1238.00 -3.00

#17     Dec 12, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

no problem, Yea the futures were sinking about an hour ago with the nasdaq futures down around 4.5 but now they are back up into positive territory, keep in mind that tomorrow will make it 9 straight days in a row of positive closes if the nasdaq is up.

#18     Dec 12, 2010
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Buddy, how can you look at a 3 point drop on futures that occurs 12 hours before open and call it "dumping hard" ? What I see is Hang Seng up more then 200 points, Europe green, Copper looking extremely bullish ( a very good leading indicator of US market direction in 2010 ).

#19     Dec 12, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Futures bright green and oil futures even GREENER this morning, nasdaq going for 9 straight up days in a row.

As for oil I paid over $3.35 for "REGULAR", premium is already over $3.50 near me. With the cold air pushing into most of the US over the next 2 days I wouldn't doubt to see oil climb above $90 and the average price of gas nationwide jump 5-10 cents over the next 2 weeks. At this rate $4.00 gas is coming soon, wouldn't doubt $100 oil by the time the SPX gets to 1300+.

#20     Dec 13, 2010