Weekly Poll: When Does Xmas Rally Start?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 18, 2010.
  1. Bullish

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
  2. Flat

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  3. Bearish

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  1. this rally must be a sure thing if it has a name of its own. when does it suppose to start? there are two weeks until Xmas and 3 weeks until New Year.

maybe it has started already on Dec 1st. this is all very confusing....

2. pspr

pspr

Could start any time or might not start at all. The last week of the year has the highest odds of being bullish.

3. Your question says "when does it start" but your poll asks "bullish, bearish" etc. One's a time question the other's a position they don't even go together. Maybe rephrase your question or the poll?

4. the poll layout is always the same every week. i am trying to discriminate them by title names. otherwise we would have many plain threads "Weekly Poll". i agree that the titles are often bogus but that's the best i can do.

5. Gee fellas, 67 handles in a week and a half, too bad the xmas rally hasn't started yet. Man, what do you call the last 200 points in the last few months. Waiting for the rally in a market that never goes down, amazing.

6. http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/i...ntiment-signal-a-coming-bear-market/19754497/

Could Bullish Investor Sentiment Signal a Coming Bear Market?

Drawn from Investors Intelligence data, the first chart shows that the percentage of bulls now exceed the peak that marked the precise top of the 2010 rally in early May. From that peak, stocks swooned more than 10% in the next few months.

[​IMG]

In the last three and a half years, the only higher peak occurred in late 2007. That data point alone should give bulls pause.

7. KMAX

KMAX

I'm bullish but the market is overbought. I'm not guessing when it will reverse but the $ looks strong so that's something to worry about.

8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Economic indicators are very strong in emerging markets. I don't see a descent at all. I find it interesting how many people overthink their positions now as we enter what is historically the best time to own stocks, just after we finally broke a major area of resistance on the US indexes.

I'm not sure why people fear making money.

9. People fear losing money. [​IMG]

#10     Dec 12, 2010