Weekly Poll: The Three Month Anniversary Of Cramer's "6 months to Prosperity Call"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

1. Bullish

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Bearish

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Shortie, you're suppose to go long when nobody wants to go long. :p

#51     Jul 13, 2010
  2. i had longs at the bottom: as typical of me was in too early, then bailed out with smallish profit only to see the gigantic wave continue upward.

now i am already building my shorts. looks like too early this time around as well. wish me luck!

#52     Jul 13, 2010
  3. You have an upside target? I've already started selling my longs. Currently, I'm 75% long, 25% cash.

#53     Jul 13, 2010
  4. we should be turning right here and at least fill SPY 108 gap given ~+9% in 7days. but i fully expect the market try to squeeze me out with 2-3% upside. for some reason it often works like that once i am in the trade.

#54     Jul 13, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

8:30 a.m. — Overall retail sales are expected to show a 0.3% decline in June. The sales excluding autos are expected to be down 0.1%.

10 a.m. — Manufacturing and trade inventories for May expected to have grown 0.2% in May.

2 p.m. — FOMC Minutes from the June 22-23 meeting will be released.

#55     Jul 13, 2010
  6. after two failed attempts at SPY 110 Bulls do not surrender.

**edit** actually 3 attempts already including the overnight push

#56     Jul 14, 2010

7. Thanks shortie. I missed the short trade, but what you wrote works. I thought I did that when I first placed the trade, but apparently I did not because when I retried it worked but I had only few seconds felt and then AH session closed. I did not read you message on time.

Did you punish those bidders? I would be glad if you did. :)

#57     Jul 14, 2010
  8. your QLD call was very nice.

i am exposed to the broad market ~ SPY, which is not as cooperative to shorting at the moment.

FOMC minutes could be bad news! Sell everything NOW!

#58     Jul 14, 2010
  9. Good! I knew you were hitting them because the bid-ask spread widened between time of my post, and the time I read your PM which you kindly sent and for which I say thanks. It is good to understand that the money is in the bank! Congrats :)

#59     Jul 14, 2010
  10. yeah, i kept loading up AH on short QLD. as the AH session was getting to a close I realized that in addition to ~$20M short QLD position I had ~$13M Short in various stocks. so I stopped adding QLD and went to sleep soundly knowing that my position is safe because the market is ripe for a correction. but i also knew that if worse came to worst and the market moved 2-3% against me I would be ready to add ~$100M short positions to really nail the sucker.

#60     Jul 14, 2010