Weekly Poll: The Three Month Anniversary Of Cramer's "6 months to Prosperity Call"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

1. Bullish

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Bearish

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. 1. Shortie: you better be right, as I sold a call as a mark of respect for your fine prediction abilities--- I did however make sure it is only one call and that it is out of the money, just in case you get unlucky on this one.:) As for the Polls, I knew you did not look, and I was actually suggesting that you might want to look as the votes had changed. Now I am thinking that if you had looked you would have sold the market heavily, and it would have fallen due to your unbearable weight that no market can take. :)

2. The futures are currently up. What is going on? I would not be surprised if market were to rise another 1.5% to 2%, as this would not be inconsistent with market dynamics. An upmove of more than 2% would however push me to review things more seriously on the upside.

#31     Jul 12, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

#32     Jul 13, 2010
  3. S2007S

S2007S

They are really trying to rally these markets as hard as they can, as usual the drop will be just the same with the markets losing a quick 5%+ in only a week.

#33     Jul 13, 2010
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Gentle Ben surprised me. He was able to push the dollar down in spite of the Portugal downgrade. Good work, Gentle Ben, nicely done. But really I wasn't expecting you to start to push the market up for the election for another couple weeks. I was expecting a brief dip below 1000 first (after expiration) -- looks like you fooled me Gentle Ben. In the words of our esteemed former leader: "Fool me twice, and you can't fool me much more." (or something equally ridiculous.) :D

#34     Jul 13, 2010
  5. piezoe

piezoe

Never be amazed at how easy it is for the Fed to push the dollar down. They don't even have to do much of anything other than utter the right code words. (It's a little harder to push it it up, but they can do that too. Pushing it down, though, in the current economic climate, is mere child's play. They can make the market rise at will by pushing the dollar down. And they will do that going into November, for a very obvious reason. (I've still not entirely given up my hope for a mini-crash to below 1000 after we get expiration out of the way. But I have to admit it is looking not so likely at this point. Those silly guys! They have itchy trigger fingers. I mean give me a break, the election is not until November Ben, no need to rush into things.

#35     Jul 13, 2010
  6. SPY is now at 109.80. Is the move done?

As soon as Shortie starts taking his long stock profits, I bet on a retreat. :)

#36     Jul 13, 2010
  7. ("profits") i am stuck with my unfulfilled short call from yesterday :D

#37     Jul 13, 2010
  8. If your short call is a short call (option), then at least time is on your side. My best wishes to you for a fast recovery. At least you now know how your opposition feels when you get them cornered. Did you call AAA for help? :)

While waiting, did you check what the "experts" are saying about the market? Could you share what they are saying?

#38     Jul 13, 2010
  9. no idea about the experts, too busy with making my own calls.

Rennick Out :cool:

#39     Jul 13, 2010
  10. What happened to Rennick? Did he enroll in the korean war out of market boredom?:)

#40     Jul 13, 2010