Weekly Poll: The Three Month Anniversary Of Cramer's "6 months to Prosperity Call"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

1. Bullish

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Bearish

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. piezoe

piezoe

I hardly ever watch Cramer, but this is one time when the probability is with him. Expect a rising market from August-Early September to the first week in November. All Bernanke has to do is ensure a weakening dollar. Should be easy enough to pull off.

#11     Jul 10, 2010
  2. the1

the1

Cramer's market calls are as bad as Cohen's but then what do you expect from CNBC?

#12     Jul 10, 2010
  3. Now, I too know the secret... But I will keep tight lipped about it... ;)

#13     Jul 10, 2010
  4. sprstpd

sprstpd

Cramer has so many conflicting calls that he can point to any one of them and say "he nailed it." For example, "take your money out of the market for 5 years!" followed by "buy this market!" a few months later. He should have zero credibility by now, but somehow his TV show survives. His buy the financials call right before the sh*t hit the fan was my favorite, with his $80 stocks go to $120 theory (right before the bear market arrived) was second on my list of all-time idiotic calls. It's amazing how many free passes this moron gets.

#14     Jul 10, 2010
  5. His show survives because it is on TV-- it is the act of being on TV that makes his show successful.

#15     Jul 10, 2010
  6. Spain takes the World Cup - good for PIIGS?

#16     Jul 11, 2010
  7. the1

the1

No, it's the endless supply of "that next trader" that makes his show survive the same way Ameritrade, IB, and other brokers survive. They stay in business by opening that next account. Cramer survives because there is always someone opening that next account.

#17     Jul 11, 2010
  8. updated poll results in the journal through july 05 if somebody is interested. i will wait until we get ~30 data points to put the data on SPY chart:
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2894058#post2894058

#18     Jul 11, 2010
  9. Shortie: I believe that polls should start on a Wednesday for a number of reasons. People would have formed an opinion based on market action, and also because shifts in Markets typically happen on Wednesdays. Market changes at anytime, but people's opinion do not change as fast during the week. That is I believe the majority lose. It is a hypothesis. You can skip it of course if you judge I am being nuts with this thing --- which is probable.

#19     Jul 11, 2010
  10. the issue is of a technical nature. i have noticed that not many people vote during the week. it is easier to gets vote over the weekend. even now we have only 11 vote, probably because of the summer.

#20     Jul 11, 2010