Weekly Poll: The Three Month Anniversary Of Cramer's "6 months to Prosperity Call"

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 10, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

1. Bullish

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Flat

6 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. Bearish

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. I just have to bring up one of the old Cramer's call in the coming week is exactly 3 months since he made his famous call. What's he predicting now? I don't watch his show.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=196193&highlight=cramer

"Cramer: We’re Six Months From Prosperity
    Published: Tuesday, 13 Apr 2010 | 6:45 PM ET
    Text Size
    By: Tom Brennan
    Web Editor, Mad Money

The market is never late, Cramer said Tuesday, it’s always early. And given the way stocks are acting now, he thinks we’re in for a great end of the year...."

Comments, charts, prediction for the coming week are welcomed.

2. [​IMG]

3. I watched the first episode of Mad Money several years back. He gained some "street cred" with his bullish GOOG call at a time when GOOG was almost universally hated following the tech crash.

GOOG aside, I've found Jim Cramer to be one of the most reliable contra indicators, possibility of all time. Cramer buys tops and sells bottoms, that's just who he is.

I still try watch the show a couple of times a week just to see what my "donkey" is up too.

4. Why you did not share the April 13 Cramer call back in April? Should we be unhappy at you?

5. somebody else posted it, why should i re-post?

6. because there are people who focus/read your threads only/mainly!

7. my best tip ever: stop reading my BS NOW! hehehe

8. Just wondering... Have these weekly polls ever been wrong? (on the majority)

9. good question, but i am not ready to reveal the big secret :)

individual data points for the polls going back to 2/12/2010 can be found here, but it is not processed in any way. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190863&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

i stopped updated the journal in may, but i keep track of the poll results since then on my hdd. the plan is to put everything together superimposed on the SPY chart and share it with ET. i am busy with other stuff right now, but will do this eventually. we have ~22 data points right now, so a few more data points won't hurt.

10. If the market goes up he will say he was right and if it goes down he will say the Obama administration is anti stocks.

#10     Jul 10, 2010