Weekly Poll: Market Is Flat Year-To-Date, Where To Next?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jul 23, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2010.
  1. Bullish

30 vote(s)
    50.8%
  2. Flat

8 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. Bearish

15 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. We know you have a good heart and you are genuine... but is that here another reason you are worrying about longs? :)

#41     Jul 27, 2010
  2. actually no.

i am going to hold on to a couple of shorts overnight because my pattern recognition machine has detected a pattern suggestive of a sell-off tomorrow.

#42     Jul 27, 2010
  3. Shortie: Good idea to be on guard. These bulls can continue to be irrational longer than even the most capitalized person can hold on to his shorts. I simply do not understand why people buy an open after a gap up, but I can understand those who buy dips and disappear by the close to never be seen. The next group of longs I have hard time understanding are those who would buy and keep the close of today (whether it is red or green).

#43     Jul 27, 2010
  4. another light volume day, fund managers seem content to sit on their cash for the next 10 years. what money on the sidelines its all nonsense

#44     Jul 27, 2010
  5. Interesting. Is it your eye/brain/intuition, or some additional type of machine?

#45     Jul 27, 2010

6. They are either buying or lying, because they say they are buying after they said they sold at the recent bottom on the day of the bottom.

#46     Jul 27, 2010
  7. I call on the people to Vote in the polls because it is midweek. After your vote in big numbers, I may call on Shortie to make a report/update. I find shortie a great stock market analyst :)

#47     Jul 27, 2010
  8. yeah, the machine is totally organic not a cyborg

#48     Jul 27, 2010
  9. Shortie: I noticed that you use 50-day and 200-day moving averages in your charts? Why do you use them, and why in particularly those two?

#49     Jul 27, 2010
  10. to average out the values, good reference line to which price might revert.
    no deep reasons really. everybody else uses them, might as well.

#50     Jul 27, 2010