Weekly Poll: Longs Remind Me Of My 72nd Birthday When I Went Water Skiing

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, May 28, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Flat

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Bearish

25 vote(s)
    42.4%
  4. I prefer not to say

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. noddyboy

noddyboy

What about yesterday then? Market went reverse.

#41     Jun 2, 2010
  2. piezoe

piezoe

There is an disquieting similarity, yes. History may not always repeat but "it often rhymes."

#42     Jun 2, 2010
  3. Lang

Lang

Thank you for noticing that. I am tired of hearing "The volume is not there, I want to see more volume to the upside!"

Go back and look over the last few years, and you notice that positive volume is usually around 5 billion shares on the S&P500, and spikes higher than the recent average are more often than not negative days.

Steady volume means lower VIX readings, and stable price changes. I will philosophize that volume is not diminishing, but is stabilizing when it is not over 5.5 billion (S&P500.)

JCS

#43     Jun 2, 2010
  4. Once as tragedy, once as farce. This is the farce. If your time horizon is Graham & Dodd, which was two years, be long or be wrong.
    Shorter than that, it's a coin toss. Waiting for the churn will just make you lose whatever progress gets made between now and the churn. Might even make you miss the whole damn thing.
    I post this for the folks who might have wandered into this place expecting informed comment from folks with at least one working neuron. Get out, go someplace else. This ain't it.

#44     Jun 2, 2010
  5. This turned out to be a good strategy thus far. Let's see if the volume holds, otherwise HAL9000 and Liberty 33 will save the market (again).

#45     Jun 3, 2010
  6. There it is! The no volume stick save by Skynet!

#46     Jun 3, 2010
  7. And Voila - close green on almost no volume.

[​IMG]

HAL9000 for the win!

#47     Jun 3, 2010
  8. -2% and the market has not even opened yet. this just looks bad...

buy the open for a quick gain?

#48     Jun 4, 2010
  9. Watch volume. If it trickles off, just buy and let the Algos do the pumping.

It NEVER fails.

#49     Jun 4, 2010
  10. Uh oh, it's beginning to look like the Algo's might have a chance.

#50     Jun 4, 2010