Weekly Poll: Last Chance To Show Off Your Prediction Skills In 2010!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 23, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2010.
  1. Bullish

10 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Flat

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Bearish

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  1. dtrader98: thanks!

Just to clarify, I also have models that will show that we're nowhere near the end. I said "You could argue.." as in, it would be a reasonable position to take.
    My default position, though, up to now, has been that we'd recover for a few years and then suffer a relapse, precisely because of our previous experiences in the 30s and the 70s that you pointed out.
    But I'm rethinking that, for no other reason than that this site is absolutely swarming with people who obviously have zero knowledge of the markets making doomsday predictions all over the place (this excludes shortie, who's a decent guy and obviously has something besides fecal matter between his ears). There's even one total idiot calling for a return to the gold standard who - I swear I'm not making this up, because there's no way I could - didn't have any idea whether there'd be an fx market post the re-establishment of a gold standard. I got nothing against people advocating what they want, but they should at least have some minimal knowledge of what the establishment of their utopian dreams would actually look like.
    There are plenty of times when I don't know whether to laugh or cry. The stuff that gets posted on here sometimes makes me wonder whether the part of the brain that feels embarrassment got cut in some of these posters. These are the posters that I know drove Nine-Ender insane.
    Oh well. Anyway, Happy New Year. I hope everyone gets everything they deserve in the next year, even that gold standard guy. I mean, I'm sure he's nice to puppies.

#51     Dec 30, 2010
  2. i am beginning to have doubts about my own call. but still 6 hours to go...

#52     Dec 31, 2010