Weekly Poll: Do Bulls Have It Too Easy?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Dec 3, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2010.
  1. Bullish

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Flat

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. Bearish

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Buddy, you are clueless. Don't make me pull up your old posts to reveal how clueless you are. Your track record on here is terrible.

#11     Dec 5, 2010
  2. too many bulls around for the market to move significantly higher.

ET poll
    Bullish 9 47.37%
    Flat 3 15.79%
    Bearish 6 31.58%
    I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one 1 5.26%
    Total: 19 votes 100%

street.com poll:
    Bullish 62.01% 240 votes
    Bearish 20.93% 81 votes
    Neutral 17.05% 66 votes

#12     Dec 5, 2010
  3. NoDoji

NoDoji

For longer term swing traders and investors, earnings growth has indeed helped drive the market higher in the absence of significant job creation, increased home values, loose credit, and other economic factors that drive fundamental growth.

Earnings, however, are a lagging indicator. Future earnings guidance is what matters, and guidance from the bellwether companies has been mixed.

There's nowhere to put money to work right now except in equities and certain commodities, so as long as there are greater institutional fools who believe strong earnings growth can continue at the levels being priced in (there are a lot of P/E ratios that are ridiculous, BTW), the market will continue to rise and they'll buy every dip that doesn't violate the trend.

None of this means a thing for technical day traders. I'll buy and short several times a day. I'm a grizzly bull :p

#13     Dec 5, 2010
  4. Does anybody here still remember Hindenburg Omen? By my count we have at least until December 13 2010 to fulfill it. 122 days is the longest stretch between the omen and the subsequent bottom (except 2008 case when it took 246 days). This year we had the omen on Aug 12.

Now let's look at the calendar: "...was a surprise military strike conducted by the Imperial Japanese Navy against the United States naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii on the morning of December 7, 1941..." source: Wiki

this is just bad karma and weird sh't can always happen on that date.

[​IMG]
    http://www.safehaven.com/article/17836/the-recent-hindenburg-omen-observation

now one does not have be a genius to put 1 and 1 together and conclude that all this is most likely bullcrap and we won't crash :)

but just in case we do, please remember who brought this very long shot market call to your attention. :cool:

#14     Dec 5, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Why are the bulls so greedy for more returns, I mean didn't the market just have a great rally since the beginning of september, now the greedy bulls want more risk free returns or what the fools call a santa claus rally.

All I have to say is why worry about the market declining, no matter what happens Bubble ben bernanke will save always be there to give it the old prop job.

The bulls have Bubble ben bernanke on their side from now until, well pretty much forever because the market needs as much propping as it can get since it can't move higher on its own, and that goes for the economy as well. The economy cant even function on its own, why the bulls cannot comprehend any of this is beyond me. I mean don't they notice the trillions of dollars they are pushing in to the system hence the illusion of economic growth.

Bubble ben only knows how to grow an economy with production of asset bubbles and nothing else. All I have to say is get ready for great inflation in the months and years to come. Try to ignore that because you wont be able to when the dollar is completely worthless and inflation running wild.

#15     Dec 5, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Just send the thank you card to BUBBLE ben bernanke and friends. Qe1 and qe2 and qe3 and the rest of the qe's is all they have.

Thank him for the inflation and fake gdp growth this economy is experiencing.

Thank him for 0% interest rates and artificially low mortgage rates.

Its all a fucking game they are playing, this economy is totally worthless without the fed by its side and anyone who doesn't understand this is a complete fool.

Believe me when I say the steps they are taking now will only be more detrimental to the economy moving forward. Just cause the market is moving higher doesnt mean much for the other 45 million in poverty or the 20 million unemployed. These bailouts are only for the wealthy.

#16     Dec 5, 2010
  7. luisHK

luisHK

So why investors aiming for their capital's apreciation through stocks shouldn't feel bullish ?

#17     Dec 5, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Something is going to break soon, oil prices continue to rise along with other commodities and the market as a whole. SPX 1300 would CERTAINLY bring $100+ oil.

As for the futures tonight it looks like a slow start but in a few hours these futures will bump up higher and by early morning hours the rally will be ready to continue.

S&P FUT
    1225.0 1.5 +0.12%
    DOW FUT
    11376.0 12.0 +0.11%
    NAS FUT
    2190.75 3.75 +0.17%
    OIL
    89.55 0.36 +0.40%

#18     Dec 5, 2010
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

The generalities you are discussing are meaningless. For every NFLX that has a giant P/E is a RIMM with a cheap P/E. For every Citigroup with limited to negative earnings growth potential is a Bank of Nova Scotia with earnings growth and likely dividend increases in the first quarter.

Too many people on here are obsessed with Stock Indexes and daily fluctations. Anyone who understands that we are in a bull market and why will make better short term decisions as well.

The rest is just noise and some of the trading advice on this site is brutally bad. How can you argue with someone who insists they "know TXN well" and its going to tank from $26 to $22 when
    in reality it is MORE likely to retest $32 on every basis ( fundamental, technical, and favourable sentiment ). Its just a waste of time trying to reason with someone who thinks they are smarter then the market and their call is going to change the market.

#19     Dec 5, 2010
  10. Did you read the post I made on Friday in the other thread?

Could someone please locate that post it and reproduce it here along with S2007S post quoted above?

It think it would provide nice contrasted opinion. My post explains the scenarios (if I recall correctly).

#20     Dec 6, 2010